PDA

View Full Version : Overlaying with scans

FarDays
10-21-2006, 12:20 AM
I've seen a few people saying you can get excellent effects from Overlaying your painting with scans of different things e.g scratched paper, acrylic marks. Except none of them say how you add this on top of an extant painting.
I'm specifically thinking of Lee Carter's art. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you

roguenroll
10-21-2006, 06:00 AM
you put a layer above your art, preferable something looking like parchment, painting strokes, or similar and play with the blending modes.

I tried it one time to make my 3d look like a brush stroke or water color.

theres also actions that will do it.

FarDays
10-21-2006, 01:15 PM
Yes, thank you for your reply. I'm looking the way of importing my scan, and putting it on top of the art. What option do I click? And where is it. I though I was fairly competant at CS2, but my own ignorance is starting to annoy me.

I should have put the question a little clearer, my apologies

itsallgoode9
10-21-2006, 05:12 PM
easiest and clearest way to find this out would be to search in the Photoshop Help.

Damselfly
10-22-2006, 08:57 PM
You open your painting in Photoshop, you then go to FILE - OPEN ... choose the location that your photograph is stored and open that. You will now have two image windows open on your Photoshop screen. Click on the photo image, then either a) use your move tool to drag the image directly to the painting window or b) drag the photo from it's layer palette onto the painting. This will put your photo on a layer above your painting, which you can then alter using blending modes, opacity, etc.

FarDays
10-23-2006, 12:11 AM
I knew it would be so simple I would look funny. But thank you very much, you're a star.

CGTalk Moderation
10-23-2006, 12:11 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.