PDA

View Full Version : Sony Gamers Day 2006-PS3 gets one last media blowout.

AdamHerbert
10-20-2006, 07:45 PM
Today media outlets from all over the country converged in San Francisco for a Sony PlayStation 3 press event dubbed Sony Gamers Day. This was Sony's final big media push for its next-generation console before it trickles into stores next month. The event started off with a presentation led by Sony's top dogs. While the usual mix of game footage and pep talk was offered, some key bits of info were provided.

Some new info for those of you who may be too lazy to read the article.:thumbsup:
The bad news is that the multi-AV out cable packaged in with the system only has composite out. That means no S-Video and, more importantly, no component or HDMI cable. If you want to be able to get an HD signal going from you PS3 to your HDTV you have to purchase a component cable or an HDMI cable. We have to say, this is disappointing for a system that costs $500 and up.

First-party games will come in at $59.99. A wireless SIXAXIS controller will be $49.99. A memory adaptor to transfer your PS2 savegames onto your PS3 hard drive is $14.99. Finally, a remote control for Blu-ray movie disc playback will be $24.99

http://ps3.gamespy.com/articles/740/740603p1.html

thoughtlesswhisper
10-21-2006, 01:56 AM
does this mean no HDTV at all? not even the RGB type cable that comes with the 360? if so thats pretty bad. and also, can u not watch blu ray movies unless you have the remote?? those are 2 pretty crappy bits of info if thats correct.

heavyness
10-21-2006, 03:39 AM
does this mean no HDTV at all? not even the RGB type cable that comes with the 360? if so thats pretty bad. and also, can u not watch blu ray movies unless you have the remote?? those are 2 pretty crappy bits of info if thats correct.

i thought i read the PS3 comes with a multi cable thingy like the 360.? also, i doubt you need to buy the remote to play blu-ray movies [since the controllers are wireless, most people might be happy with that].

thoughtlesswhisper
10-21-2006, 09:31 AM
i thought i read the PS3 comes with a multi cable thingy like the 360.? also, i doubt you need to buy the remote to play blu-ray movies [since the controllers are wireless, most people might be happy with that].

"If you want to be able to get an HD signal going from you PS3 to your HDTV you have to purchase a component cable or an HDMI cable. We have to say, this is disappointing for a system that costs $500 and up. "

Nope. No HDTV unless you buy a cable. Thats very suckyish not to have hdtv straight outta the box for 425 pounds sterling.

The remote thing, i think your probably right.

Per-Anders
10-21-2006, 09:45 AM
Nope. No HDTV unless you buy a cable. Thats very suckyish not to have hdtv straight outta the box for 425 pounds sterling.
Even worse if you're being charged 425 pounds when a direct conversion of $500 gives you only 265 even accounting for VAT bringing it up to around 311 that's still a sizeable missing difference going on there...

thoughtlesswhisper
10-21-2006, 11:38 AM
Just thinking, Sony gave MS alot of stick for not providing the true HD era so they called it. Sonys new move is gonna mean most (or at least half) of the ealry adopters of ps3 will not even be playing their games in HD. It seems a bit strange seems as they hyped up the whole HDMI thing quite abit. All the hype, and you cant even have any HD at all straight out of the box?

From what ive heard, HDMI cables are pretty pricy too. Im not getting a ps3 so im not that bothered, but if i was, this would piss me off quite a bit. Thing is, i bought a vga converter cable for my 360 to play HD on my pc monitor, so i guess thats similar, although my cable was5-10 pounds. Im sure HDMI cables are quite a lot more expensive.

I didnt even need to buy it though, cos my folks bought an HDTV soon after (not cos of my 360 lol!).... but i still have the opption of bringin it up to my room when im lazy :)

Solothores
10-21-2006, 11:49 AM
sony's marketing departments are rushing... (http://gaming.engadget.com/2006/10/19/sony-claims-xbox-360-requires-hd-dvd-etc-thus-costs-700/)

thoughtlesswhisper
10-21-2006, 12:52 PM
:-|

this is getting stupid. i dont even care anymore. farewell sony. you made me a reeally nice hifi. its lasted me 6 years and the cd lens has only just started to not function anymore. Ill definately get it replaced cos its soo nice (and cost 800 quid!) but thats the last thing i buy from you guys.

but seriously, sonys marketing has changed drastically over the years. I cant even understand what their business plan is. Its like their success has gone to their head, and they think whatever they say or do people will follow.

man, i dont even know what im rambling on about but this has jus got me pissed, and also upset. I used to love sony products. they were the king of electronics a while back but now they are just king of the rip off merchants.

How many articles are there in the news section alone right now about sony? I said ages ago, that the bad news stories keep coming and they havnt stopped! it must be hundreds now. Coupled with this HD cable stuff, im just fed up.

I also haerd really bad things about the LIVE features of ps3 from our testing department, such as not being able to send or receive messages without exiting your game first (crazy!) and removing a game during live play, causes everyone in the server to crash. the bugs got deferred as it was the hardware causing the crash and not the game. That is ludicrous. things need to be done asap because its already too late. I want to play next gen yesterday, not next year.... :(

RuinedMessiah
10-21-2006, 04:40 PM
First things first, somethings are rather disappointing. I didn't expect HDMI out of the box (so I snagged a clearance cable from Wal-Mart for $12.90 a while ago) but at least Component should be there. Especially if their pricing for cable sets is as overpriced as Microsofts ($30 for RCA, $40 for component, $40 for VGA). But I also did not expect to get a free BluRay movie out of the deal either although rumors were circulating. And unlike the Spiderman 2 promo with PSP, this is a movie that cannot be bough otherwise for around a month. I guess if I didn't find Will Farrell so goddam annoying, this would be a bonus instead of Ebay fodder.

Now, I love how Engadget is making a big deal over the fact sheet but not mentioning any of the hype around it. This was something handed out along with the constant statements that PS3, for doing what it does, is cheap compared to the competition. Now considering this paper wasn't mass marketed, advertised, or even supposed to be shared with people outside of the event, I consider it nothing more than a simple typo. Yes, it's deceptive to compare the core in pricing comparisons but if you compare the premium under the same conditions, you're only saving $50. Granted, some things aren't needed to game and that's where the typo lies.

If Microsoft wants to get in a huff about this (the boards claim IGN reported Microsoft may be seeking legal action yet IGN is completely free of such reports and no one can find the article to back up these claims), then we can easily go back to the Xbox Launch propaganda published by Microsoft to be given away at stores entitled "Top 100 reasons Xbox is better." In it, it made such claims that pulling on the controller cables could lead to the console falling and crushing you pet dog and "because of our distinct lack of a handle, our game console could never be mistaken as a lunchbox." This isn't something Sony is advertising and as such, remains press propaganda. And Microsoft has spent MORE than their fair share of mudslinging in Sonys direction.

EnlightenedPixel
10-21-2006, 05:11 PM
sony's marketing departments are rushing... (http://gaming.engadget.com/2006/10/19/sony-claims-xbox-360-requires-hd-dvd-etc-thus-costs-700/)

I think theyre ignoring that what the report means is that youre " Required to buy" these things if you want to acurately " compare" the capabilitys and costs of each system .

After closely looking at the chart again. Yes, thats exactly what theyre doing. Theyre showing that in order for the consoles to be "evenly matched" you spend quite a lot on upgrades for the Xbox. I find it hard to believe Microsoft could successfully sue over this chart.

thoughtlesswhisper
10-21-2006, 05:33 PM
I think theyre ignoring that what the report means is that youre " Required to buy" these things if you want to acurately " compare" the capabilitys and costs of each system .

There is no need to buy the HD dvd drive. heres no way im going to buy it. I saw a deal in toys r us earlier today, 299.99 for a premium pack 360 (hd, wirless pad, headset, ethernet cable, silver subscription, component hd cable) PLUS extra wireless controller, pgr3, doa 4 and FF something. I paid 390 in march for premium pack+wired 3rdparty, pgr3, doa 4. Thats a great saving already.

If these trends continue, when the hd dvd addon is released there should be some great bundles meaning the prices listed on that fact sheet will be incorrect.

It is called a fact sheet and its misleading. In any case, no hd cable out of the box is lame-o. they list the price of ps3 saying it has 1080p capabilities when they havnt added on the price for a cable? Do you see what i mea? extra unecessary charges are added onto the 360 price, but the necessary charges are not put onto the ps3 price. They also only list the cheaper ps3 price for comparison.

Ruined: those xbox cable prices seem a little high, plus why would you want to buy another composite cable? I bought my VGA cable from ebay here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8257649462&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:UK:11

15 including 1st class postage. They also do a CHEAPER one without optical out, but i got the 5.1 system so thats what i went for.

poly-phobic
10-21-2006, 05:35 PM
i find this so funny..

http://www.xbstream.com/xbs/images/fake.jpg

EnlightenedPixel
10-21-2006, 05:41 PM
i find this so funny..

http://www.xbstream.com/xbs/images/fake.jpg

Kind of retarded realy.

thoughtlesswhisper
10-21-2006, 06:21 PM
Kind of retarded realy. hehe. its brilliant!

RuinedMessiah
10-21-2006, 06:27 PM
Ruined: those xbox cable prices seem a little high, plus why would you want to buy another composite cable? I bought my VGA cable from ebay here:

I wanted two cables so I can move consoles quickly between the living room and the bedroom. I know it sounds odd, but if you saw my rig, you'd understand. In fact, I recently took pictures so if anyone requests, I can post.

thoughtlesswhisper
10-21-2006, 06:28 PM
I wanted two cables so I can move consoles quickly between the living room and the bedroom. I know it sounds odd, but if you saw my rig, you'd understand. In fact, I recently took pictures so if anyone requests, I can post.

if thats not adding unecessary costs i dont know what is.

RuinedMessiah
10-21-2006, 06:54 PM
But crawling in behind the entertainment center every time I want to move rooms with a console blows. This is why I'm thankful PSOne/PS2 and SNES/N64/Gamecube share the same hookups. That way I can move those with relatively no fuss. 360? All I need to do is move the power supply and I'm ready to go.

And of course it's an unnecessary cost. Everything about gaming is an unnecessary cost.

Misery
10-21-2006, 07:37 PM
reatEven worse if you're being charged 425 pounds when a direct conversion of $500 gives you only 265 even accounting for VAT bringing it up to around 311 that's still a sizeable missing difference going on there...

Retards, if you can't afford to buy the HDMI cable you probably can't afford an HDTV. If you can you probably already have a couple of HDMI cables. Whats the big deal?

thoughtlesswhisper
10-21-2006, 07:49 PM
reat

Retards, if you can't afford to buy the HDMI cable you probably can't afford an HDTV. If you can you probably already have a couple of HDMI cables. Whats the big deal?

yea its only money whats the big deal? Lets all go out and buy some caviar and fine art. Retard.

RuinedMessiah
10-21-2006, 07:52 PM
Now children, play nice. Think about how that word hurts William Hungs feelings...

Tarrbot
10-21-2006, 08:49 PM
RuinedMessiah, you have to realize that when Sony pushes anything with comparisons on it--even at a Sony event that isn't supposed to be distributed--that it will get online at some point. Unless everyone going in signed an NDA, Sony shouldn't expect anything kept secret. Even with an NDA, Sony shouldn't expect it to be put online.

I won't get into NDAs over this because I've had my fair share of NDA crap (from a publishing standpoint) but Sony must realize this is stupid marketing.

I think they're desperate enough to do this though with all the bad publicity they've had lately.

Also, I agree with eBay on what they're doing as well. I saw a PS3 on there starting at $8000 last week. That's insane. I will admit that I didn't even bother reading the fine print so they could have been "giving" you a Yugo too.

On a side note: the parody comparisons numbers don't add up even remotely for the 360.

misery states:Retards, if you can't afford to buy the HDMI cable you probably can't afford an HDTV. If you can you probably already have a couple of HDMI cables. Whats the big deal?

Why be an ass hat, misery? There was no call for that.

It's obvious with anyone that has a clue that you're a fan boy since apparently your dream job is with Sony Imageworks and you think you're a hockey player named Guy. Yes, we all know that this isn't where you work as it can be gleaned from your resume on your website--or is that your brother? Regardless, you might want to rethink putting your address and phone number online like that if you want to continue provoking people.

Also, you might want to check the spelling of Lafleaur (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Lafleur)... because that's not it.

Per-Anders
10-21-2006, 09:40 PM
reat

Hey there Misery, care to elaborate on how you consider this relevant to my post? I'd sure love to hear why you want to call me a retard, that's quite bold for someone who clearly can't read in such a very small industry with so many people watching on a privately run forum to one of the forum leaders, perhaps you would like to reconsider your move?

I'll spell it out in simpler terms, the arguments in this thread are not about cost but value for money, it's a very different thing and the Sony brand no longer represents a monopoly or premium quality in the same way that for instance Apple still does, so it comes down to features and competition.

Now my post was merely pointing out the disparity in prices between the USA and the UK which if the original poster is correct about the price they quoted would mean they are being overcharged by at minimum $300 (425gbp = $800) that's a somewhat staggering shipping cost per unit wouldn't you say? Which therefore makes this even poorer value for money, but doesn't state that anyone couldn't pay that, merely it questions why anyone should pay that.

RuinedMessiah
10-21-2006, 09:44 PM
I don't see how adding bad publicity is solving the bad publicity issue. As I said, I think it was just a footnote or visual aide to go with a speech and some rather half-assed wording thrown in. But the issue should be a matter of "oh god, you gotta be joking. This is for real?" rather than "Those goddam shitbrained Sony bastard puppy rapists are ****ing ruining the industry. The industry I tells you. Can't trust em any farther than you can blow Howard Stringers fat ass using only a crazy straw and a Bike Pump."

The latter is how I see this heading. At an event where Kaz Hirai demonstrates the web browser on PS3 (incidently, the precog text thing looks interesting... let's hope it works worth a damn) by bringing up one of the many, many You Tube joke reels of him, I don't see how Sony was intentionally being overly malicious or, as I like to put it, shitting on anyone's particular sunshine. Most interviews conducted with the big dogs at the event was spent trying to get away from answering questions about the competition.

At this point, I think it's a matter of people just looking for something to bash Sony about. After all, that fact sheet was online for at least 7 hours before Engadget took their shot and instantly it went from "well, that's a tad unfair of a comparison" to "IGN reported Microsoft is gonna sue over this."

archerx
10-21-2006, 11:52 PM
reat

I find it highly amusing that you work for "Sony Imageworks"... Drink the kool aid much?

Anyways when I buy a new video card I don't expect to have to buy new cables for it to work properly and thats how consoles should be.

I remember when I got my Gamecube, It came with everything I needed to enjoy it right out of the box, even a game!

Sony is being greed/cheap now.

I honestly don't want sony to fail, I want them to be succesful to keep Nintendo and Microsoft on their toes. Competition is always healthy.

Tarrbot
10-22-2006, 02:23 AM
I hear what you're saying RuinedMessiah. I will admit that I have an anti-Sony bent personally but I try never to directly bash them unless it's called for simply because it's pointless for the most part and I try not to appear as having a bad case of diarrhea of the mouth.

I don't see the comparison even worth bothering over. I mean, it's not like Sony comparing the PS2 to a $500,000 sgi Onyx in TFLOPS (they did) or the PS2 pushing 75 million triangles IMO. Personally, I think it's just marketroid-ese that got out of hand a bit. And even at that, it's not really worth bothering over.

archerx, I don't believe he works for Sony, honestly. You could always click his profile, go to his website, get his phone number and call him and ask yourself... if you have to know. :)

archerx
10-22-2006, 08:52 AM
archerx, I don't believe he works for Sony, honestly. You could always click his profile, go to his website, get his phone number and call him and ask yourself... if you have to know. :)

Well it says so under his user name.... could he be lying ? :O

What's the country code for the USA? I'll send him an sms..... :)

thoughtlesswhisper
10-22-2006, 10:25 AM
I don't see how adding bad publicity is solving the bad publicity issue. As I said, I think it was just a footnote or visual aide to go with a speech and some rather half-assed wording thrown in. But the issue should be a matter of "oh god, you gotta be joking. This is for real?" rather than "Those goddam shitbrained Sony bastard puppy rapists are ****ing ruining the industry. The industry I tells you. Can't trust em any farther than you can blow Howard Stringers fat ass using only a crazy straw and a Bike Pump."

The latter is how I see this heading. At an event where Kaz Hirai demonstrates the web browser on PS3 (incidently, the precog text thing looks interesting... let's hope it works worth a damn) by bringing up one of the many, many You Tube joke reels of him, I don't see how Sony was intentionally being overly malicious or, as I like to put it, shitting on anyone's particular sunshine. Most interviews conducted with the big dogs at the event was spent trying to get away from answering questions about the competition.

At this point, I think it's a matter of people just looking for something to bash Sony about. After all, that fact sheet was online for at least 7 hours before Engadget took their shot and instantly it went from "well, that's a tad unfair of a comparison" to "IGN reported Microsoft is gonna sue over this."

It was not 'just a footnote or visual aid' ruined. You know this man, cmon your obviously intelligent. You know this was designed to severely mislead people.

Also, i dont think people are 'looking' for reasons to bash sony. Those reasons are looking for the people. i was gonna say every other day, but its more like everyday there is a new reason to maybe rethink the ps3 purchase.

And yes, ps3 (60gb) will be 425. And yes, they think we all have shitloads of money out here and think we can afford it. Im so glad i am a little anti-sony, because otherwise, id do whatever it takes to own the system, and that would KILL my balance. I still got loads of student debt credit cards etc...

Also dont get it twisted. Im not anti-sony come rain or shine. I just dont like them of recent with all their propriety storage formats/peripherals, expensive price tags, FORCED stagnation of the console industry. I mean damn, if xbox didnt come along wed STILL be playing ps2. I cant think of anything more horried (:p)

tozz
10-22-2006, 10:49 AM

Sony is the new Microsoft on the internet, people hate them because it's cool. Not saying they're perfect, but it's so obvious in most cases. I'm suprised nobody has started with $ony yet.

Btw, if you want a cheap (as in quality and price) component cable (like all the cables that comes with a bundle) you can get a PS2 $15 component at your local store.

thoughtlesswhisper
10-22-2006, 11:37 AM
Sony is the new Microsoft on the internet, people hate them because it's cool. Not saying they're perfect, but it's so obvious in most cases. I'm suprised nobody has started with $ony yet.

Btw, if you want a cheap (as in quality and price) component cable (like all the cables that comes with a bundle) you can get a PS2 $15 component at your local store.

u talking HD component? cos ps2 had no HD. Im pretty sure iv seen $ony around here before. Some people maybe bashing sony cos they think its cool, but im doing it because i dont like their products and stratergies. MS is not exactly better, but at the moment they are playing the right game by 'looking' like they are more caring, considerate, cheap etc...

Its a good stratergy because it counter balances sony. When (if) MS take the console lead and comfortably have the market share, im pretty sure theyll turn into bastards as well and charge through the nose as they monopolise. but hopefully at that point some one else, maybe even Sony, will come back and counter them with a cheaper working system with all the bells and whistles, free extras etc....

Its like good cop bad cop, but with consoles. At the moment, 360 is playing good cop, but WILL change at some point to bad cop. Thats why competition is always good. When they turn evil, we will have choice and go for whoever is backing the good cop system at the time.

Hope that made some sense :-/

tozz
10-22-2006, 12:25 PM
u talking HD component? cos ps2 had no HD. Im pretty sure iv seen $ony around here before. Some people maybe bashing sony cos they think its cool, but im doing it because i dont like their products and stratergies. MS is not exactly better, but at the moment they are playing the right game by 'looking' like they are more caring, considerate, cheap etc...
It's the same thing. PS2 cables work on the PS3 so the cheapo component video cable you can get for PS2 will work with your PS3.

thoughtlesswhisper
10-22-2006, 02:49 PM
It's the same thing. PS2 cables work on the PS3 so the cheapo component video cable you can get for PS2 will work with your PS3.

Yes but what do you want that for?! the ps3 comes with one of those anyway. ps2 cant do HD.

EDIT: Iv just seen some HD component cables for ps2. I had no idea it could do up to 1080i ?!! Can anyone confirm this? In that case, i guess those same cables could be used...

RuinedMessiah
10-22-2006, 04:22 PM
Edited: Because obviously this is annoying other board members...

thoughtlesswhisper
10-22-2006, 06:17 PM
a 360 plus 3 games and wirless controller is 300 here. Still 125 cheaper than ps3 with NO games.

You say a 360 plus three games is the price of a ps3. so how much is a ps3 with 3 games? 575? a shit load of money. Its expensive dammit. PLUS the damn thing aint even out yet here for another 5 months?!!

All im saying is, im a crazy gamer. love em. play em for a living in fact. Ill be damned if i was gonna wait a year and a half, and pay one and a half times more for the same damn games and totally shoddy LIVE system

360 = 280 : ps3 = 425. 280 devided by 2 = 140, 280+140 = 420.

In fact the ps3 is more than one and a half times more.

If you take up the toys r us deal which is going on at the mo, which is 300 plus EXTRA wireless controller AND 3 games, ps3 is alot more than one and a half times more. Damn your stubborn. Youd prefer to pay TWICE that and more (near 600) for ps3, 3games and extra controller. AND be beta testing the thing with early crap games. Dude if i could tell you the probs our testing dept. is having youd be pretty shocked. Or maybe not i duno. The live system reeeally sucks. It is having major crashes from the HARDWARE and its coming out over seas in a couple of weeks right?

Have any of you guys seen the ps3 yet? I have. And played. Iv got tiger woods on 360, and i played it at work on ps3 and it looks the same. Like someone said, the good games wont be out for another year. Why wait for the more expensive system? It makes no sense at all. Im surprised your still fighting their corner so hard Ruined. you are going against logic. Thats waiting 2 years to play the same quality games at the same price. Totally fanboyish and stubborn.

EnlightenedPixel
10-22-2006, 06:59 PM
420 = 541 U.S. Dollars
280 = 360 U.S. Dollars (so a 360 cost 360 in europe? Catchy pricing)

Woo, big difference from the american pricing.

Oh no, a Toys R' Us deal? Something that EVERY CONSOLE gets? Color me shocked. Yeah, I think plenty of people can expect " Toys R' Us" deals on PS3 in the coming years as well.

Also, Ported games almost alwayse look the same, why would you even bring that up? They dont sit around going " ok, were porting to yet-another Next Gen console, lets I dunno, up the poly count, add more bounce to someones boobs, SOMETHING" No, they port it over, and wash their hands of ever having to deal with that game ever again.

And DUDE if you did tell us all these amazing problems people apparently cant tell us, then you'd probably be telling us something that everyone knows. New hardware, not Windows based, having problems. Again, Im shocked.

Why would we buy the 360 now, and play games we dont want, when we can buy a Ps3, buy the non ported games it has, and wait for new ones? I dont know, maybe people dont want to buy one expensive console to hold them over till the other one is released? Call me crazy, but even if people do waste money, they try not to waste more than they feel they have to.

Also, I dont see Tiger Woods as being the big selling point for a PS3. Ive alwayse seen it as Sports games being Xbox's main department, where Sony succeded with more creative titles.

tozz
10-22-2006, 08:03 PM
Yes but what do you want that for?! the ps3 comes with one of those anyway. ps2 cant do HD.

EDIT: Iv just seen some HD component cables for ps2. I had no idea it could do up to 1080i ?!! Can anyone confirm this? In that case, i guess those same cables could be used...
Eh... Why do you want the optimal way of connecting the PS2 to a display? I don't know, perhaps to get the best possible image quality?
Component doesn't mean HD in any way, it was around long before HD was even invented. It's just that you can display HD over it nowadays.

The PS3 comes with a composite cable, that's the whole reason for the flood of "OMG SONY IS SO CHEAP"

Squash-n-Stretch
10-22-2006, 08:13 PM
Also, I dont see Tiger Woods as being the big selling point for a PS3. Ive alwayse seen it as Sports games being Xbox's main department, where Sony succeded with more creative titles.

Congratulations on completely missing the intended point.

EnlightenedPixel
10-22-2006, 09:41 PM
Congratulations on completely missing the intended point.

I add that to the end of a post that actualy gets the point, and it negates it somehow? Bravo.

RuinedMessiah
10-22-2006, 10:02 PM

thoughtlesswhisper
10-23-2006, 12:32 AM
I'm basing my facts upon American pricing.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5044139

Walmart $510 plus game, wired controller and live subscription. Pretty tasty deal, and still $90 left over.

If the price difference between consoles is a few games between I don't see the massive difference.

150%? youve got more money than i have. and patience.

I will not even pretend that I know game prices in Europe or how they relate compared to the cost of living and other such factors.

Good because no one was even talking about that.

First off, you want to talk about Shoddy systems, Xbox Live Marketplace.

What a brilliant point youve made ...... erm and with great points to back it up. Your refering to the bonus area added ONTOP of the superb multiplayer, friends messaging and invite system that is breaking records daily and setting the standard for online multiplayer? the system bringing great cheap online mutplayer classics such as doom, street fighter, uno now with working camera? yea your right, xbox live is shit. it lets me play games online, and talk to people at the same time, and send messages which they receive in game, and private chat etc... frinds scoreboards, in game achievements, ability to look at frinds achievements, oh yea and what about the crap world ranking system on every marketplace as well as 360 game. how shit.

ps2 online is nowehre near what MS have pulled off. LIVE is what makes 360 and i am constantly amazed at what it has managed to pull off for gaming. i dont know, or care what bad points you were refering to on marketplace because they must be so picky and insignificant that it would just be a waste of my time. you can download movie trailers brilliant game demos, behind scenes info. when has that been possible outside of a pc for 280. its been brought to the masses and even technophobes can easily plug in and play. if it wasnt for live, i would never have played my friends on internet. theyre all crap with pcs.

Second, if I was concerned about the multiplatform games, I wouldn't buy a console to begin with.

Who cares it was multiplatform. The point is people have been waiting all this time to pay more to play the same game. If you wanna pay more for the exclusives go for it. you must be hardcore.

Early crap games? Look, I understand that, where you work, console launch software just pretty much needs to be able to fit in a package but just because that's the EA standard doesn't make it everyone elses. Resistance has been generating a huge amount of buzz and I'm along for the ride just for the fact that, if nothing else, Insomniac makes the simple act of shooting a gun incredibly enjoyable (Ratchet & Clank). Plus, as I've stated before, the Gundam game has me hyped leading up to the gorgeous return of Armored Core (seriously, after Chromehounds? I need me a non-shitty mech game). Three games that have been generating positive buzz and won't be on 360. That's at launch.

Iv never heard of any of those games. IMHO your taste in games is poor. thats just MHO. chromehounds was crap. i like lost planet mechs much better. And hey, i jsut work there i dont make the games.

And yet Insomniac has been buzzing right along getting the online up and working with very little problems. Activision isn't in quite the same boat (but according to them, it's more from sheer lack of information). As for EA? Madden 2006 had a glitch in the main game mode (aka, Season) that would power down your PSP, nuff said..

Ok so you believe some one who said theyve got it up and running. wow thats proof. i didnt say there was a problem getting it up and running. if there was, that would be stupidly shit right? oh, and there is activision giving it some slight bad press? that doesnt sound good. I dont even know why your talking about psp.

heres where it gets interesting.....

Actually, I've play tested a couple PS3 games. I'm impressed. But here is my logic because you can't seem to get it through your skull...

Have you really? Then why post some lame articles of information on 3rd hand use of the console? I would much rather hear YOUR opinions on the whole service? Well please indulge in all the facts? Seems as we didnt get our ps3 kits till 3 weeks ago, i doubt the morningstar is flooded with test kits.

If you HAVE used the ps3, youve failed to tell all of us how you can NOT send friends messages while iN GAME. you can not access your friends list while IN GAME. You have to quit to the main menu. Oh what a great service they provide much better than the 'marketplace' like u stated before.

Oh yes, and how about if you remove the disc from the system, you crash EVERYONE in your server, not just you. The crashes can not be fixed until the disc is replaced. This is not a game bug. The bugs were defered as the hardware is causing the crash.

You havnt been near a ps3, i bet my life on it. And if you have then you missed out on all of the treats it has to offer.

360 will never get MGS4, Resistance, Untitled Naughty Dog Project, Ridge Racer 7, Final Fantasy XIII and Vs, White Knight Story, among countless others. Thus, I have a preorder for PS3.

what a great list of games again. never heard of em part from FF mgs4 and the great riiidge raacer. I stil have rr6 siting here in the plastic for 360 waiting to be exchanged.

But here is my logic because you can't seem to get it through your skull..

Thats my reason for this whole reply. Dont give it the large one. Just keep it OT

RuinedMessiah
10-23-2006, 01:35 AM

Tarrbot
10-23-2006, 01:43 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/Tarrbot/Movies/Wooldoor_001.jpg
WEEEEEEEEE!

I'm so glad I got to ride along in this train wreck. :bounce:

Makes me want to just crawl up into Toot's snatch. :banghead:

Ruined, I take it I found the person who irked you on here?

SheepFactory
10-23-2006, 02:05 AM
Thank you folks for not being able to have a civil discussion when the topic is such important things like "what game console is better"

This is now the 9712676th thread with the same arguments and bickerings and from now on I will start closing them as soon as they become about "my console is better than your console" . they have nothing whatsoever to do with Computer graphics and if you guys are getting off on stupid arguments the IGN forums are this way (http://boards.ign.com/).