PDA

View Full Version : Framestore CFC launched new career website

ashrass99
10-20-2006, 06:48 PM
Hope this is not posted before...

Framestore CFC has launched a brand new careers area website this week. This new area allows you to view all available positions, apply online, track the status of your application and stay in touch with the latest recruitment news and information.

http://careers.framestore-cfc.com/fe/tpl_CFCFramestore01.asp

CelticArtist
10-20-2006, 08:32 PM
great find, saves me alot of postage shipping a reel from LA to the UK, thanks.

ParamountCell
10-20-2006, 11:09 PM
Hope this is not posted before...

Framestore CFC has launched a brand new careers area website this week. This new area allows you to view all available positions, apply online, track the status of your application and stay in touch with the latest recruitment news and information.

Full News: http://forum.cgarena.com/viewtopic.php?p=9011

tracking applications? hmmmm they probably did that because of my constant stalking of their offices.

Intervain
10-20-2006, 11:14 PM
Good to know :)

ntmonkey
10-21-2006, 03:59 AM
Looks like one of the "bottomless vaults" for crappy reels. I kid. I kid. Sorta.

-Lu

yann22
10-21-2006, 11:13 AM
I don't know, it seems like a serious and well organized effort to me. When one of the heads of Framestore spoke in London recently, he mentioned how one of the hardest things for him was finding the right people and it sounded quite heartfelt and sincere. That said, it is mentioned on the site that they get around 15-20 applications per day, so I guess one should better show them something quite amazing, but then that's not really anything new :) .

ntmonkey
10-21-2006, 06:53 PM
In an effort to try and post something useful...

Good help is hard to find man. Sometimes, it's truly because there is no available talent around due to location. I've always felt that there is a shortage of good 3D artists. Then again, everyone thinks they're good enough. Kinda like what Steve Colbert said about the middle class..."Everyone thinks they're part of it".

It seems like systems like these are built to establish a database from where they can pull from at a later time. Honestly though, it ruins the timing of things as good artists don't apply unless they need a job, and studios don't hire when they really need the help. So it really makes no sense why you'd put up a form that's ready for input 24/7/365.

If I'm wrong, someone clue me in as to what the advantages are of a system like this. To me, it's so impersonal and screams, "We don't really have time to deal with you, talk to the spreadsheet."

peace,

Lu

leigh
10-21-2006, 08:35 PM
ashrass99, I have altered the link in your post to go directly to the CFC website, instead of going to a news forum, that you probably run. Please don't use threads here as a way of getting visitors to your site.

CGTalk Moderation
10-21-2006, 08:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.