PDA

View Full Version : Shrek 3 Details: DreamWorks Princesses

RobertoOrtiz
10-20-2006, 06:34 AM
Quote:
"This time, princesses are doin' it for themselves.
Cinderella got slap-happy with Snow White while fighting over Fiona's bridal bouquet in 2001's original Shrek.

But in Shrek the Third, due May 18, the pair work with fellow fairy-tale divas Rapunzel and Sleeping Beauty to stop an attempted coup of Far Far Away.

Not that it's easy to persuade the pampered royals to take action against Prince Charming (voiced by Rupert Everett), still bitter after losing Fiona (Cameron Diaz) to a smelly ogre.

"They are used to being rescued, not defending the kingdom themselves," says Chris Miller, director of the second sequel in the computer-animated franchise that has grossed nearly $1.5 billion worldwide. "Fiona has to convince them to shed that role and save their own happily ever after."

That's because Shrek (Mike Myers), who discovers he is ill-suited to rule the land himself, has gone off with sidekicks Puss in Boots (Antonio Banderas) and Donkey (Eddie Murphy) to recruit the person who is next in line to the throne: high-schooler Artie (Justin Timberlake), who is destined to become King Arthur one day."
>>LINK<< (http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2006-10-18-shrek-first-look-princesses_x.htm)

-R

`

RockinAkin
10-20-2006, 06:56 AM
...Artie (Justin Timberlake)...
Goddamnit... :sad:

Pyke
10-20-2006, 08:30 AM
As long as it has Puss In Boots in it...i'll be there!

CelticArtist
10-20-2006, 08:38 AM
bad enough that they cast Timberlake probably for the sole reason that he's dating Diaz and he's popular right now, but the fact that Fiona already had a crush on Sir Justin as evidenced by the sticker on her bed (yah, i've seen it a few times), and now they've actually put him in as King Arthur. I did like Shrek 2, but it's not like it'll hold up in 20 years when no one gets the references anymore, Dreamworks needs more timeless movies, Over the Hedge was a start, I wish they'd head in that direction more.

jason-slab
10-20-2006, 09:09 AM

lol, my thoughts exactly!!

MarGera
10-20-2006, 11:48 AM

Whats wrong with having Justin Timberlake in it? I watched some of his SNL stuff on youTube and have to say it really did make me laugh, i was surprised, and i think he is very good at what he does. And if it helps the film make more money, and keep those artists in a job then i am all for it. Besides this is Shrek we are talking about, it is all about having big stars voice the characters.

DDS
10-20-2006, 12:04 PM
this is Shrek we are talking about, it is all about having big stars voice the characters.

I agree in all you said but this...

MarGera
10-20-2006, 01:12 PM
I agree in all you said but this...

Yeah i understand where you are coming from, and i maybe didn't word that very well.:shrug:

neuromancer1978
10-20-2006, 05:37 PM
Well they did set themselves up (Dreamworks), in Shrek 2. The posters of Sir Justin and Lady Britney in Fiona's room. You know the scene where Shrek finds that "scary book"... hehehe. Plus.... Timberlake is kinda dating Diaz so I imagine there was some kinda pull on her part.

Larry_g1s
10-20-2006, 05:58 PM
bad enough that they cast Timberlake probably for the sole reason that he's dating Diaz and he's popular right now, but the fact that Fiona already had a crush on Sir Justin as evidenced by the sticker on her bed (yah, i've seen it a few times), and now they've actually put him in as King Arthur. I did like Shrek 2, but it's not like it'll hold up in 20 years when no one gets the references anymore, Dreamworks needs more timeless movies, Over the Hedge was a start, I wish they'd head in that direction more.THANK YOU! That is my thoughts exactly with Dreamworks. They have great animation, modeling, lighting, etc. but there stories...they're like cotton candy - taste good for that moment but no real substance. They end up advertising more on who is going to be voicing the movie then the actual movie itself.

MarGera
10-20-2006, 06:26 PM
THANK YOU! That is my thoughts exactly with Dreamworks. They have great animation, modeling, lighting, etc. but there stories...they're like cotton candy - taste good for that moment but no real substance. They end up advertising more on who is going to be voicing the movie then the actual movie itself.

But if that then gets more people to go and see the movie, then is that really a bad thing?

Breinmeester
10-20-2006, 07:07 PM
I always thought Shrek 3 would be a persiflage on politics as Shrek 1 is a persiflage on (Disney) fairytales and Shrek 2 on Hollywood. I'm predicting babies for Shrek 4.

mike0006
10-20-2006, 07:27 PM
^ Ugg, I sure hope not.

Michael5188
10-21-2006, 02:48 AM
What is the procedure for using Disney copyrighted characters like Sleeping Beauty and all of the other Disney princesses. Are they protected under copyright? Or are the shrek 3 princesses not infringing on anything? Just curious, cause I know Disney is very strict on copyrights.

Pavlovich
10-21-2006, 03:56 AM
i think sleeping beauty was written a couple hundred years before disney was born.

swardson
10-21-2006, 06:47 AM
What is the procedure for using Disney copyrighted characters like Sleeping Beauty and all of the other Disney princesses. Are they protected under copyright? Or are the shrek 3 princesses not infringing on anything? Just curious, cause I know Disney is very strict on copyrights.

The stories of sleeping beauty, snow white, etc. were not invented by Disney.

EnlightenedPixel
10-21-2006, 05:42 PM
People, People, look at it this way. Either it was going to be Justin Timberlake, or Kevin Federline. At least they chose the lesser evil.

Papa Lazarou
10-21-2006, 07:45 PM
Why do the human characters in the Shrek movies still look like stiff mannequins?

http://images.usatoday.com/life/_photos/2006/10/19/shrek-large.jpg

Gentle Fury
10-21-2006, 09:47 PM

LOL, disney has never actually created anything new....they've always used public domain stories for their basis (well that and stealing from artists not disney...but thats another topic.) So there would never be a copyright issue, because they didnt invent any of em.

Of course there are still copyrights in place for the only original characters by disney (micky, minnie, goofy, pluto, donald...etc.) but thats because everytime their copyrights are about to expire they get the courts to change the length of time for copyrights.....so because they are so greedy and want to keep mickey forever in their grasp they make it so a high school band can't play a 100 year old piece of music without paying copyrights.....really sad.

swardson
10-21-2006, 09:56 PM
wow this turned from a Dreamworks (timberlake) bash into a Disney bash quick.

bigbad
10-21-2006, 10:36 PM
Why do the human characters in the Shrek movies still look like stiff mannequins?

It's the fake smiles. In every poster ever made by dreamworks - they smile.

Still like them nevertheless. Shrek 1 is on my top ten list. Shrek 2 .... njah..... To much american 80's.

FunkyCowie
10-21-2006, 10:37 PM
I always thought Shrek 3 would be a persiflage on politics as Shrek 1 is a persiflage on (Disney) fairytales and Shrek 2 on Hollywood. I'm predicting babies for Shrek 4.

I was predicting babies for Shrek 3...

Michael5188
10-22-2006, 04:49 PM
Ha ha ha, wow, I must not have been thinking, didn't take into account the fact that Disney didn't create those stories. Sorry about that.

JeroenDStout
10-22-2006, 06:08 PM
At school we have a running gag about DreamWorks. Every now and then somebody says some cue (mostly without knowing it) and people start going...

"He was just a normal boy..."
"...until one day..."
"...he had to make a journey..."

We usually include the right amount of 'kick in crotch' and fart-jokes to make it feel like a real DreamWorks production. It kind-of shows the crappyness of DreamWork stories... oh well, for better stories Pixar's there, for fart jokes and cheap cameos .. DreamWorks.

"...and he made some friends..."
"Hi, I'm Gaia."
"Haha, your name is gay-a?!"
"...with unkown powers..."
(hits him in crotch with telekineticly thrown sack of rocks)
(small pause)
(3rd character) "Auch!"

RobertoOrtiz
10-25-2006, 12:24 AM
Here is a high resolution image ...

http://www.comingsoon.net/images/shrek3newfull.jpg

-R

CGTalk Moderation
10-25-2006, 12:24 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.