www.cornerofart.com/forum
:)
:bounce:

hanskloss
11-15-2006, 03:46 PM
Ehmmmm...isn't this illegal?

Lizard Head
11-15-2006, 05:29 PM
Looks like a bit of self promotion there ...... bad way of doing so I would gather

LoneCanuck
11-15-2006, 08:06 PM
Why would making tutorials for MotionBuilder be illegal?

hanskloss
11-16-2006, 03:18 AM
Why would making tutorials for MotionBuilder be illegal? Here is why: he's distributing an Alias now Autodesk intelectual property. It's basically copying a DVD and distributing it for free without giving us our money. Does the word "warez" ring a bell? Unless this is their own DVD they created it is pretty much theft. Rather interesting that this post even made it to this stage.

dalecampbelljr
11-16-2006, 04:16 AM
How do we know if it is legal?

LoneCanuck
11-16-2006, 01:52 PM
I just saw the link. I didn't download it.

If it's any consolation, the DVD's are for that awful version 6.0. ;)

-=LoCK=-

Favian001
11-16-2006, 03:08 PM
I was pretty shocked to see this and questioned it every time. I havent taken a look, but I assumed they would be tutorials they have come up with which wouldnt be wrong. I totally agree with the fact that its ripping Autodesk/Alias off if they are "sharing" Autodesk/Alias DVD's. Maybe its karma :)
BTW their site looks like a clone of CGTalk...weird.

hanskloss
11-16-2006, 04:47 PM
Not to be a jerk but that DVD is an official LearningTools DVD from Alias, so in the end it is illegal. The link has been forwarded to Autodesk Anti-Piracy Department for evaluation. I'm just surprised that none of the CGTalk administrators noticed this.

softdistortion
11-17-2006, 05:49 PM
Even though you are correct about posting other's intellectual properties, a less dramatic approach may have been to contact the poster, and CGT moderation to resolve the issues you point out.

It's surprising how many people don't understand the basics of copyright ownership... hopefully you don't have MP3s you didn't pay for on your HD either. :D

CGTalk Moderation
11-17-2006, 05:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.