PDA

View Full Version : HELLLLP "painter.set" error

culpin
10-19-2006, 05:46 PM
i have been working in painter for some time now but i just tried opening it and i got this error:

Cant Open the File "PAINTER.SET"

any ideas?!

culpin
10-19-2006, 07:33 PM
nevermind i just reinstalled the whole thing and it seems to have taken care of it...

This is the second time its happened to me errr

Philippec
10-20-2006, 01:45 AM
Because in Painter IX, you can just delete the file "Painter.SET" and it will be re-created when you relauch the application...

tomt
10-20-2006, 02:36 AM
Philippe Said:

Because in Painter IX, you can just delete the file "Painter.SET" and it will be re-created when you relauch the application...

Also in Painter IX, or IX.5 you can hold down the shift key on boot and Painter will re-install the set file

culpin
10-21-2006, 05:03 AM
im running painter 8 currently.

tomt
10-21-2006, 06:23 AM
Oops, Been there too. (Painter 8). Before you have a problem again, I'd copy your set file, papers, portfolio, grads, etc., etc........into a new backup folder in the Corel Program folder. But not in the Painter 8 folder If you have a file go bad, and you will, you can simply copy and paste the file back into the Painter 8 folder. It will overwrite the corrupted file.

As you work with Painter, your libraries will become more and more your very own. Periodically copy and paste these to your backup folder. You can move them into later versions of Painter too.

Giap
10-24-2006, 06:50 PM
And I have problem with installation. After I've installed the software then I opened it and there were some glitches. A window opened and told me report the errors to Corel Team and I can't open it anymore even I reinstall (even remove all and then install again). I wanna try the trial version but I can't :(

CGTalk Moderation
10-24-2006, 06:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.