PDA

View Full Version : Really Good Tips

KumarSG
10-19-2006, 06:44 AM
Hi guys,
this is my first post. And i have been lurking the the forums reading a lot of stuff. Now i guess its time i asked a few doubts. As far as Digital Matte Painting.. i find for myself the actual painting process as far as picking the colors or attacking the highlights , then the shadows are just techniques. Would real life oil painting or other media actually help you learn the painting process? Any other tips on the color and blending and other detailing would help. By the way i am a photoshoper..

Cheers and Good Luck for this forum,

Kumar
http://forums.cgsociety.org/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=196#

JJASSO
10-19-2006, 07:22 PM
hi kumar, actually traditional painting is a must know , not everybody did traditional painting or drawing but if you see it like photoshop is just a tool, the computer is just a tool as well ,and it will not do anything for our painting but our knowledge of art will do ,

traditional drawing , linear perspective

traditional painting for colors and painting techniques

photography , for understanding exposure, lens, how light reacts

I suggest books on traditional painting, photography, cinematography and visual effects compositing
get some cinefex magazines so you understand the process on matte painting visual effects
I hope this helps

CGTalk Moderation
10-19-2006, 07:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.