PDA

View Full Version : motion capture question

digeijohn
10-18-2006, 05:16 PM
hi guys!

i have a motion capture data ( .bvh) and i want to know how can i import it in my scene and applying(transfer it) to my rig. i've never worked with motion capture before, i am new at this, but my current job requiers it, so i need any help i can get.Thanks!

sciics
10-19-2006, 06:15 AM
Well you can use the import format from the main menu.. xsi does a good job with the skeleton. You will need not only the Mocap data but also a t-pose data it can be in the same format as well.. however if you want to build a skeleton so you can map you rig...it is a complex process but hey.. m not compalining. you will have to build it on the basis of the mocap data. make sure to have the animation directly on the Mixer. i really dont know how familiar you are with Animation in XSI. and about the Transfer well just store the animation and then bring it on to the rig via. dot.xsi or something like that. for a custom rig... make sure the names match.

i hope i was a lil clear.

CGTalk Moderation
10-19-2006, 06:15 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.