PDA

View Full Version : Out of the Forest

Adonai_80
10-18-2006, 12:49 PM
Hey all, finally got around to finishing this one, been sitting on my hard drive for a few months now. I'm posting it here first though to see if anyone has any ideas as to where I can take this or if anyone sees anything noticably wrong with it.

Anyhow, here it is! thanks!!

http://www.angryeye.com/gallery/2D/Out%20of%20the%20Forest.jpg

zng-Y
10-18-2006, 01:03 PM
Hey there, you got a nice piece here, but the thing is that i dont get the feeling it's one piece. It doesnt realy fit together. A good way to prevent that is to start your paintings with just some colors to get the mood.
It also has to do with the difference of detail.
Goodluck and i hope this will help you somehow.

Squash-n-Stretch
10-18-2006, 01:21 PM
Hey there, you got a nice piece here, but the thing is that i dont get the feeling it's one piece. It doesnt realy fit together. A good way to prevent that is to start your paintings with just some colors to get the mood.
It also has to do with the difference of detail.
Goodluck and i hope this will help you somehow.

QFA. I also think there are problems in the composition.

Adonai_80
10-18-2006, 01:53 PM
Hmmmm, okie dokie, so the colors are off,I'm assuming in the foreground, since its more colorful than the background part, which I can see as throwing it off, but I was trying to (unsuccessfully I gather) create a 'distance' between the little robot guy and the city, like he doesn't belong in it kinda.

The composition I was trying to go for was a wide open space around the city, and a more 'enclosed' area around the robot guy, like he was heading towards the openness if you will, but again, hes not supposed to be in the city, so was kind of a conflict thing going..

Any tips on how to make this better? I guess I get stuck at these parts :-/

thanks for the comments and help already!

MtFR
10-18-2006, 03:40 PM
The background is extarordinarily atmospheric! sunset and floating city... the foreground is well done too, I like the robot etc. but I'd like it more if the luminosity was turned down :) and maybe the contrast a little up. Anyway great job, but try painting more with a casual brush than with the leaves and grass brush, it generates an artificialness feeling because it looks different than the robot and the city... well I admit it would've been crazy to paint the robot and the city with the leaves brush :)

Adonai_80
10-18-2006, 05:38 PM
Thanks very much! I'll see what I can do about the luminosity (hopefully that will also resolve the other issues mentioned before) but please do forgive, as Hair, leaves and grass are some things that I have not even began to understand how you all do that without some brush in PS. I can't imagine you all would draw each strand, but maybe? :P

Anyhow, any tips on doing grass and such would be greatly appreciated!! I've always used that grass brush and i know it sticks out like a lens flare to PS users.. :)

thanks again!

CGTalk Moderation
10-18-2006, 05:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.