PDA

View Full Version : Al's Animation Reel

maestrofreshal
10-17-2006, 11:51 PM
Hey everyone...this is my animation reel. I just graduated from Think Tank Training Centre. Located in North Vancouver BC, Canada. So check it out and lemme know what you think...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YBq5JovEVQ

Al

maestrofreshal
10-17-2006, 11:56 PM
sorry y'all its taking a little longer than i thought for the video to get processed...it shouldnt be long though...hopefully

maestrofreshal
10-18-2006, 12:47 AM
here it is with some sounds...nothing fancy though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5eWhQX_wq0

dude5487
10-18-2006, 03:20 AM
I like it. I watched it with no sound though. But still I liked it.

FunkyCowie
10-18-2006, 07:08 PM
Clip of dude carrying box of apples

The position of the box is all wrong, I know this because I work in a warehouse and carry boxes around up to around 50+Kgs in weight (heavy complete furniture). If he had the box that low on his legs they would be pushing against the box every step giving a swinging motion which you appear to have on the second shot but on the initial shot he is side ways and the box floats. That box of apples would be really heavy, did you try lifting a similar box your self and walking with it? He would give himself a hernia if he carried the box in that position the base of the box should be higher so it rests on the crease of the leg as this provide support for walking a nd gives your legs freedom to move. Leaning back a little more would provide more realistic counter balance.

The lift part might work better if he struggled to get one corner on to the table (or truck?) first then push with his upper body to get the rest on... of course if it is a table then give it a couple of seconds and let it collapse... you could then have the thief and chef having to dodge apples on the path...

The Thief and Chef

Lack of weight when they are running... they just seem to be floating. Their pace is slow just about a jog rather than a running chase at the back of the apple dude. The chef looks like he is skating almost. The energy of the run is in the run... the chef should be more made weilding his knife as he chases. When they are in the street they seem to be faster but theres no heavy breathing they should be tiring a little and its really not that believable that the chef wouldn`t see the bread being thrown because its his... thats why he's chasing the thief. So why not have the master thief slip round a corner run a few paces and throw it behind him hard so the as the chef comes round the corner *THHWAAAAP!*.

The Thief and the fire escape

Escape... I like that idea. However it comes across like the thief is short sighted and is way over surprised to see the fire escape.

Overall its a nice idea and executed fairly well but I get the sense you have it in you to kick it up a notch.

maestrofreshal
10-23-2006, 07:53 PM
wow...thanks for taking that time to post. and so you know the farmed did get a hernia from carrying the box like that.

CGTalk Moderation
10-23-2006, 07:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.