PDA

View Full Version : Reading The Manual, some things not working as described...

skuby
10-17-2006, 10:15 PM
Or maybe it's just me not working right, either way....

""If the envelope deformers are constrained to other control objects, then Reset Actor won’t work. In such cases, you should use the Actions > Store > Transformations - Current Values command to store an action for all your deformers and control objects, and Actions > Apply > Action to return to the reference pose.""

>>I read through that section, as I need a way to return to the bind pose for a character using a biped rig w/constrained controllers and the "apply action" command just isn't working, it returns a generic red letter error on the command line.<<

Also

>>I've done numerous tests but I cannot get a handle on Bounding Volumes to assist in the intial weighting process. A tutorial would be appreciated<<

dwigfor
10-17-2006, 11:05 PM
To apply an action, open an explorer (8), change to sources/clips (o, as in oh), select the action, then apply it.

skuby
10-18-2006, 01:37 AM
Dwig, thanks for the hookup, I would have never figured it out looking at the manual alone and now I got it down pat, thanks man.

grahamef
10-18-2006, 04:56 PM
The next sentence read: "For more information about actions in general, see Actions in the Nonlinear Animation guide." That's where you would have found the complete procedures storing and applying actions, rather than in the Envelopes chapter.

CGTalk Moderation
10-18-2006, 04:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.