PDA

View Full Version : Sony to recall own batteries(And talks about price cut to PS3)

RobertoOrtiz
10-17-2006, 01:49 PM
Quote:
"Sony Corp. (6758.T) said on Tuesday it may change its full-year earnings forecast because of costly recalls of its batteries and a price cut for its PlayStation 3 video game console.

Sony also said it would recall 90,000 of its Vaio brand laptop computer batteries in Japan and China, adding its name to the list of PC vendors recalling a total of about 8 million Sony batteries, which the company has said can on rare occasions overheat and catch fire.
"

>>LINK<< (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061017/tc_nm/japan_sony_dc;_ylt=Ama5KxUvyZFNILmK1V7CATys0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3cjE0b2MwBHNlYwM3Mzg)

-R

RuinedMessiah
10-17-2006, 02:22 PM
Damnit, I was hoping the price cut was announced for the US...

There's always Gamers Day before I give up complete hope.

Cyro
10-17-2006, 06:02 PM
sony can power a huge pink rabbit with all these recalled batteries that would go on forever until it burns up.

psyop63b
10-17-2006, 06:18 PM
Sony's recall troubles seemed to increase on Monday after Toshiba said it might seek compensation from Sony for possible damage to its brand image and sales from the battery recall.

Certainly all laptop manufacturers may have suffered from this. What about Dell's sales and brand image? Afterall, this all started with the explosion of a Dell laptop.

danshewan
10-17-2006, 07:33 PM
What about Dell's sales and brand image? Afterall, this all started with the explosion of a Dell laptop.

Yeah, but if it was an Inspiron, then it probably would've exploded even if Sony batteries weren't defective - you heard the fans on those things? Sounds more like a prototype hovercraft than a laptop. And even with the miniature turbines it takes to cool them down, they're still red-hot, thus rendering them 'tops' as any lap / Inspiron interface would be physically dangerous..... :D

Before I get flamed to death by Dell fanboys, I know Apple's newer offerings also have this problem, but with less noise and in weird, funky technicolour. Okay?

CGTalk Moderation
10-17-2006, 07:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.