PDA

View Full Version : XSI Bones

skuby
10-17-2006, 09:12 AM
I have a few questions.

1. Can you add/remove a bone from a model that has an existing envelope, without distrubing that existing envelope?

2. If you're working on a symetrical character... How do you save time and fix one side of the model and mirror the resulting weighting to the other side?

3. Can you move an existing bone w/weighting assignments, under the stack so to speak. So the mesh won't move, you're just repositioning a bone? (I need to move/rotate/scale the placement of my jaw which already has a good weighting assignment, can I do this without having to delete the bone and starting over?)

I'm looking to have an open/artistic workflow in the rigging process (one of the main reasons I switched to XSI) so any other tips you may add would be greatly appreciated. -Derek

AnIm
10-17-2006, 12:39 PM
yes, you can do all of them
1. look at Adding and removing deformers in XSIDocs/character animation/envelopes
2. XSIDocs/character animation/envelopes/Modifying Envelope Weights/Mirroring Envelope Weights Symmetrically
3. XSIDocs/character animation/envelopes/Changing Reference Poses

CGTalk Moderation
10-17-2006, 12:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.