PDA

View Full Version : Savage Warrior, Blasphemy3_d (3D)

blasphemy3_d
02-04-2003, 07:20 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/15624/WARRIOR_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/15624/WARRIOR.jpg)

Hi

It´s my last work.

It´s a warrior inspired in the great characters created by artist like Kelly or Frazetta.

Hope you like!

As allways C&Cs are wellcome.

Toxic Frog
02-04-2003, 07:22 PM
Excellent job - particularly on the materials.

:thumbsup:

Zukum
02-04-2003, 07:31 PM
Well this looks really... Awesome !
Very well done as usual :thumbsup:

The only thing I don't really like is the hair in the plait by his neck. Either th ecolour or th etexture is off a touch but my goodness everything else is tremendous !

colt
02-04-2003, 08:25 PM
:eek: :eek: Wow, that's really great. How long did you work on him? I'm asking, because I've got the impression your way too fast for my taste ;) ;) (regarding my own sluggish pace)
:drool:

Chappo
02-04-2003, 08:29 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

EEK INDEED !!

AWESOME PICTURE !!!!!!!!!

Kamul
02-04-2003, 08:44 PM
OH HOLY ****
THATS REALLY IMPRESSIVE°°
**** this looks really really JUST WOW MAN°°

McSpirit
02-04-2003, 08:48 PM
:eek: :eek:

That is so cool. very photorealistik :thumbsup:

Blackster
02-04-2003, 08:53 PM
wow i really like that face, especially the makeup
dunno reminds of the crow :D just a little bit;)

themetal looks really realistic

McSpirit
02-04-2003, 09:01 PM
is it 3D or is it drawn.. if its 3D could you post a wire?:love:

CGmonkey
02-04-2003, 09:17 PM
Oh my god. This is by far, one of the best models I've ever seen. Feel Mighty! :) I'm speechless.

skilled v²
02-04-2003, 09:22 PM
love the man boobs :p na na man im just jokin with ya...great modeling one of the best i ahve seen, u have a true talent with modeling and materials....great job!

wrend
02-04-2003, 09:23 PM
tidy. i dig it like an industrial ore shovel.

GUMP
02-04-2003, 09:23 PM
All i can say is..."One Day, One Day"

Very nice job, need an apprentice?

Jeffo
02-04-2003, 09:27 PM
hey there!

very nice image, my only crit would be the bump map on the shoulder protector, right now it looks like a faint noise map, perhaps more scratches rather than small little bumps?
just my opinion though,

very good! :thumbsup:

4dartist
02-04-2003, 09:33 PM
Some very beautiful work. Upon first look i was breathless lol! Insane. Ya the hair around the neck part seems to light, and something's odd with above the collar bone but holy &$^@ thats being pickys lol! Freaking awsome work, very professional.. I'd hate to try to animate him tho lol! Does all the geometry deform at all well?

:edit: Man your stomach area is so good, the skin tone, the hair, the way light plays off it.. great stuff. ...

:thumbsup:

samartin
02-04-2003, 09:46 PM
:surprised OMFG :surprised

u just keep getting better and better... Awesome work, outta interest wot software do u use ??? I think u mentioned MAX before but wot rendering system ???

My 2nd bunch o' stars out EVER... and yeah 5 it is...

dragonz
02-04-2003, 09:57 PM
wow, impressive...i love the model, look really nice. What program you use? Can we see a wire plz!! great metal by the way

_Kameron_
02-04-2003, 09:57 PM
Simply amazing! Thats one of, if not the, best model i've seen posted on this forum.

my only gripe is that pony tail. it doesn't fit his badassness.

Royal
02-04-2003, 10:01 PM
Ah man this is truly awesome! :eek: :eek:

The only thinkg I dislike about this is the stiff hand at the left bottom on the picture, it's totally irrelevant in this composition and too dark to just being other than distracting.
All else is some of the best I've seen here.

Keep it up

bibi5000
02-04-2003, 10:03 PM
:eek:

Please post a wire or I will tell everybody that this is a retouched photo!

goodlag
wow SExcellent work

5 star :drool:

Starv
Really nice! I particularly like the surface on his shoulder armor. You should give him more armor, someone might try to hurt him somewhere else than the shoulder. :eek:

Anyways, awesome model, lightning and specially texturing. :beer:

tdmack
02-04-2003, 10:06 PM
Wow man very very cool.

blasphemy3_d
02-04-2003, 10:12 PM
Hi all.

Ohhhh thanks all friends!!! It´s awesome how many people has replied the thread.

I´m at home now but I promisse tomorrow I´ll add somo wire and detailed pics of the sword.

Thanks man. About tut, uh If I had more time.......... maybe when I get some time hang one in my web page. Maybe about the metal material.....

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

hanzo
02-04-2003, 10:39 PM
GRREEAATT work..............nuff said :buttrock:

conjaman
02-04-2003, 10:39 PM
Very Nice work. Can't wait to see more.
:buttrock:
www.ronincircle.com (http://www.ronincircle.com)

New
02-04-2003, 10:40 PM
Congratulations blasphemy ;D great model, surfacing, composition... great all.

Milho
02-04-2003, 10:53 PM
Very impressive. (i know these comments are not very constructive but you deserved to be praised here)
:buttrock:

hanzo
02-04-2003, 11:07 PM
lol :beer:

Ben Shore
02-04-2003, 11:16 PM
Niiiiice! The texture is right on and it has a ton of emmotion to it. My one criticism is that the fingers in the lower left hand corner look out of place half-cropped on the edge there, but I'd never have noticed if I didn't love it enough to really pick it apart. Great job :thumbsup:

Slater
02-04-2003, 11:42 PM
Very inspiring work! 5 stars!

XerC
02-04-2003, 11:53 PM
Just two things to make it perfect:
remove the hand and reduce the hair's glossyness. Looks like he had no water and shampoo for weeks :D

Apart from these details I bow down... :bowdown:
And pleeeaase: Tutorial and wire!!! :xtreme:

Humble greetings,
XerC

danielphillis
02-05-2003, 12:02 AM
cool my first post...

this is #$&* awesome !!!!:thumbsup:

i am disturbed by the 'manboobs' tho,
the 'cleft' in the chest seems to have
a bit too much contrast...

im not sure if its the model or
just the combination of the pose and lighting..

and i agree with someones post about
lack of scratches on the armor - unless hes a virgin
warrior -- preparing for his first war ;)

but the other positives everyone else
has mentioned - like the textures,
the stomach and general anatomy
blow me away..

thx for sharing.

Daniel Phillis
(twighlight)

plaguelord
02-05-2003, 12:10 AM
Amazing!!!!:applause: :applause: Impressive textures!

Podrias dar algun consejo para lograr tal realismo en las texturas? Son pintadas en photoshop? Procedurals? Niveles de specular, etc? Ojala puedas darme un consejo o dos para los que recien estamos empezando con esto de las texturas. Realmente exelente trabajo!!

niut
02-05-2003, 12:16 AM
Great work!!! :applause: :applause: :applause:
your textures are impressives

==Spawn==
02-05-2003, 12:20 AM
WOW!:eek: ...the model it's impressive..also the sword..."The Sword of Vaelen"...i have that sword..

congratulations..great great work!!...

oye plaguelord de donde eres??...es bueno encontrar gente de habla hispana por estos lados

draconix
02-05-2003, 12:35 AM
Beautiful!

I love: -
the head top texture, the straps texture, the metal texture, the skin tone, the abs, the nose is well done, the eyes are nice, the sword looks cool, the make-up is well done, the mustle tone...

Crits:-

1 Where's the green light coming from that is affecting the right side of his face and upper body?

2 What is that gold looking scarlike thing between the strand of hair and the strp on his shoulder?

3 Since the leather strap is aged, you should age the metal guard as well, for consistency.

That's it.

It's way better than I could do so you can ignore the crits if you feel like it!

Five stars! :thumbsup:

Zastrozzi
02-05-2003, 01:09 AM
Hey great stuff I think we all aspire to be as good
I agree with the hair thing though and I think maybe his reflection in the metal is not quite right is it only reflecting an enviroment map? other than those very small things :eek:

Abominable
02-05-2003, 01:24 AM
Sweet work man.

I'd like to see a little change in the spec from that shoulder pad. It seems a bit too hot for a bad ass warrior.

Keep it up.:)

marioucci
02-05-2003, 01:50 AM
AWE!!!!!

I guess u know how good it is...
im gonna just ask for wires, maps and some other behind the scenes u get:)

congrats man.

loggie

Savage_Henry
02-05-2003, 01:56 AM
Savage Warrior?....oh yeah...he sat 4 chairs behind me at Lil' savage elementary. Good to see that he's doing well. :D

All joking aside, you're an inspiration to us all man!!

Keep it up!!

Soljarag
02-05-2003, 03:01 AM
Awsome !!!!! please make a background wallpaper from this picture for 1280X1024

(DARKELEMENT)
02-05-2003, 03:04 AM
Insanely good:D

Vidar3d
02-05-2003, 03:06 AM
True to the character style Frazetta and Ken. I love the textures and the model itself. Great job in not making the character overly ripped and muscular, it gives him a real sense of realism. Looking forward to seeing the mesh. Well done!:applause:

Anim8rJB
02-05-2003, 03:46 AM
Wow. Excellent work. I never cease to be utterly amazed by the quality of a lot of work on this board. Bravo.:applause:

J

danRod
02-05-2003, 04:17 AM
Hey Blasphamy,,,,,,

Very nice job!!!!!!!!!! I love the textures. Especially the way that you pulled off the reflection falloff and way it doesnt just reflect the enviro all crisp. So............Do you have a job or can I offer you something!?!?!?! I have an opportunity for you but need to know your status. Let me know.

fallingwater15@msn.com
Daniel Rodriguez
Senior 3D Developer

nice job

Neil
02-05-2003, 04:46 AM
Umm.. where's the CG award?
Usually that gets busted out on page one.... someone is slacking here.

SERIOUSLY!

carefulconan
02-05-2003, 05:43 AM
I'm a fan of frazetta too!

his idea's oh man.

great model!!!

like the celtic face paint. reminds me of slaine!

good stuff.

Wampa
02-05-2003, 06:39 AM
Fantastic work ....

Larry_g1s
02-05-2003, 06:46 AM
:eek: That's absolutely amazing! What a Fantastic job. Very cool expression by the way!

fender
02-05-2003, 07:02 AM
WOW!:thumbsup:

robcamp
02-05-2003, 07:43 AM
!
What can I say that hasn't been said already!
This is hard to discern from a photo. Incredible realism.

Simple put, WOW!

blasphemy3_d
02-05-2003, 07:49 AM
Hi all

Well let me a little time to render some wire and flats render.

Here is a detailed render of the sword.

In this pic the metal can be seen very well.

I´ll add some details and pics about how have I made this mat.

About the soft used. Max 4.26 and Brazil R/s for rendering

Thanks for the comments and crits. I really appreciate.

Hope you like

http://www.3dblasphemy.com/personal/SWORD.jpg

Artodemus
02-05-2003, 07:51 AM
Excellent piece of work, that's for sure... If I may ask, what was the general time frame that it took to create a piece of this detail? I imagine that the texture would take quite some time to paint. Your portfolio is very impressive, always looking forwards to more of your work.

- Dan

Oktavian
02-05-2003, 08:54 AM
Absolute beautiful texture work!

lildragon
02-05-2003, 10:13 AM
I mean do you ever stop :rolleyes: heheh man this is such a beaut of an image. I especially love the shaders used. You must tell us about the metal and that design on the edge, please tell me its a bump map ;). Also I love the peeling leather, tho the leather material itself needs more umpf! to it, it also looks like a solid rgb color. Also you might want to fix that lil pinch at the top part of the chest. And for a guy this size you would need to thicken up the collarbones.

heheh you even added the lil rubberband in the hair man! :)

All in all :thumbsup:

You have received the CGtalk choice award .Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! Is this your 2nd? Keep it up great work!

upon receiving this award, it guarantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame (http://gallery.cgtalk.com) - which you are now placed

http://www.cgtalk.com/plug_award/cgtalk_award_feb03_2.jpg

P.S. Please email me @ tito@cgnetworks.com for the .psd file

salud

Nicool
02-05-2003, 10:24 AM
I don't like the style, but it's realy right done:thumbsup:
:beer:

William GUiLE
02-05-2003, 10:34 AM
:eek: what can be said? That's amazing!!!! Just thiken up a bit his collarbones like lildragon said, and it will be perfect!
Keep it up!:bounce:

blasphemy3_d
02-05-2003, 10:37 AM
OHHH

Thanks for the Award lildragon!!!!

I´ll add some steel info as soon as possible. Type of mat, maps used, etc...

Thanks again!!!!:scream: :scream: :scream:

GladeR
02-05-2003, 10:38 AM
Hey guy, I don't have words, is amazing :drool: :drool:

erikals
02-05-2003, 10:47 AM
You always create somthing cool. :thumbsup:

What modeling technique did you use for the details on the sword?

sepehr
02-05-2003, 11:23 AM
Very very nice!
I like it very much.
But don't you think the chest is very big?
Any way,Looking for the wire frame...
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

ivo D
02-05-2003, 11:34 AM
my guess.. poly by poly modelling..

caus if you box modelled the darn dude.. i kill you LOL..

and if your a nurbs bastard than ill torture you ..whoo.. :P:bounce:
:D

HawVer
02-05-2003, 12:10 PM
:buttrock: I like the style! Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to the making of. ;)

Freed
02-05-2003, 12:38 PM
What the hell... I hate you. :P

Really superb work!!!

goatrape
02-05-2003, 12:47 PM
I am absolutely stunned!

Other people have mentioned adding age and damage to the armor which i agree on, but i also think adding some more scars on the figure. Or maybe just exaggerating the one on his eye a little bit more.

Other than that nice #@$!ing job!

dsigna
02-05-2003, 01:50 PM
me gusta... lo que pasa es que tiene un no se que ...tsss.. eso... si le pusieras dark vader detras con dos stormtrooper a los lados.. o un boris izaguirre (detras);)

pepevi
02-05-2003, 02:16 PM
:buttrock: Just here to put that smilie xDD BLAS FROM LOST TO THE RIVER, CRACK, QUE ERES UN CRACK!!!! :drool: :applause:

SCIFI-3D-zoo
02-05-2003, 02:24 PM
Hey JJ. As usual you are the master of character work. The materials, the hair on the chest, the lighting, the pose, excellent.

Dreamwave
02-05-2003, 03:02 PM
TEH W00T! :buttrock: :buttrock:

nick
02-05-2003, 03:24 PM
:scream: WOW, that is one awesome character. I wanna see wires!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and texture maps for the face :) Great work as usual.

emilioG
02-05-2003, 03:59 PM
very cool. Why don't yougive us some tips on your lighting. I've been doing character modeling for 6 years, and I must admit, I lack the skills in lighting, whether it be regular lighting, radiosity, whatever.

looking forward to your reply.:)

rage288
02-05-2003, 04:38 PM
hey man u rock!!
i bow before u!:bowdown: :bowdown:

im waiting for the details on the mat!

cheers!

Forgiven
02-05-2003, 05:31 PM
eeerrrrr...uuummmm...hey man, you rock!!!
Increíble, tío, de verdad. Estoy de acuerdo con la gente que te dice que desgastes más la armadura, pero...aún así...que envidia!!
:applause: :applause:

mushroomgod
02-05-2003, 05:40 PM
one of the best models/renders iv ever seen...

i hate you!;)

jcjimenez
02-05-2003, 05:58 PM
Congratulations!!! This one of the best characters I've seen in my whole life.

Keep that way!!!!!!!!! :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :beer:

We would like to see more more more!!!!!!! wires, details, etc.

Regards
Juan Carlos Jiménez
Next Limit SL

blasphemy3_d
02-05-2003, 06:31 PM
Sorry about the lack, but I´ve to work too :wip:

Here is the wire.

As you can see it´s a very simple model. I only want to worry about making a good artwork so it´s not ready for animation. The total rendering time for frame was 1 hr so I didn´t think in animation. Life´s too short for a Brazil animation render :) I applied a phisique to the body but I can´t see the character setup is done.
Enrique Gato (author of "BICHO" short movie) has been talking with me about making a good animation for this char. I´m too bussy at the momment but maybe we´ll try to make a good animation. Enrique is a great character animator.

I used box modeling (i think some has asked for it).

PotatoHead
02-05-2003, 06:42 PM
the mesh shows some inconsistencies, in terms of how the polys align to his muscles, etc. and this might be an obstacle when animating. can you give us a level 0 subdiv wire? - dont tell me all of that is regular polys, cause if it is, ill hang myself.

nevertheless, the final render looks absolutely awesome! it shows that brazil is a fantastic renderer, as well as shows your skill in surfacing and lighting. the materials are stunning, very high level of detail, im guessing a mixture of procedural and uv mapping.

cheers,
Tom

blasphemy3_d
02-05-2003, 06:44 PM
Well I´m back

Here is a mini tut about the most difficult on the scene. The steel mat. I know that many of you know all about what I´m gonna talk but many of you has asked about this and, what the hell, I´ve created a bitmap and you´re gonna see it.

About the lights ther is no secrets. In the scene there are 1area light, 1 omni light, an HDRI enviorement and a red wall lighting.

This is the best method I know for making metal mats. (sorry about the sizes but 300k is the top
:shrug:

JonM
02-05-2003, 07:34 PM
I want to be you when I grow up

Diablo1000000
02-05-2003, 07:51 PM
Wow! I really love the texturing on the metal armour plating; I'm currently doing an animation full of metal like that, but how did you get the light reflections and imperfections so well?

I've heard of Fresnel, but don't really understand it; did you use something like that?!

Thanks!

Tx

hiko_
02-05-2003, 08:03 PM
Great caracter :applause:

Are3D
02-05-2003, 10:53 PM
The model looks nice but you have some geometry issues in the forehead and in the middle of the chest. There is a point in his pectoral muscle where I can see a bunch of polygons coming together, try to avoid parts like that. Try to keep the geometry from spiraling around on itself, and keeping it more fluid. Can we see him in another pose, maybe a full body render?

tu2
02-05-2003, 11:13 PM
awesome work, the only two things bugge me, guess you already know it by now, is the hair of your first render image. just wondering if you used any transparent map?? if yes, more depth detail. if no, pls give a try. Second thing is the line work.
Overall, it's really really excellent!! :applause: :applause: :applause:

gmoran
02-05-2003, 11:24 PM
Awsome work!!

Just AMAZING!!

I especially like the sword. You must ahve taken it after an existing one cause I've been thinking about buying that exact sword from a local shop in my town to add to my collection!

THe character is great too!! It's rather similar to the barbarian design from Diablo II. Even down to the ponytail!
Any influence?? :thumbsup:

Keep up the great work and post some more as soon as you get more shots done!!!

Very humbled!!

Xaint
02-06-2003, 12:18 AM
An image from the control mesh would be much more comprehensive, then one you posted from the subdiveded form.

piajartist
02-06-2003, 12:46 AM
Awesome MODEL and TEXTURING!!!!!:applause:

gL_spear
02-06-2003, 11:48 AM
I loved yer StarWars work but this is amazing, More of this stuff......More of this stuff! More of this stuf! :bounce:

VizStorm
02-13-2003, 06:18 AM
what's all the fuss about?:p Just joking :p This is splendid, very nice job; you should be so proud! :applause: I especially like the pose and expression; the mise-en-scène (the frameing of your scene from the camera angle).
later

nanabaky
02-13-2003, 10:31 AM
yeah !! looks so realistic !! (except maybe the texture of the torso... but i forgive you :p )

Guirnaldo
02-13-2003, 10:42 AM
OK. Let me have a moment here, again.

Ok, I'm feelin better again. Just 2 minutes ago I started to get dizzy, your post is so realistic, djees it's manic mansion alike! djees, If I would not know any better, I would say you have a warrior in you studio, and he wasn't too happy when looking into your camera...

And once again I will have to :buttrock: *waaaa rockin' rockin'* :buttrock:

blasphemy3_d
02-13-2003, 11:01 AM
Thanks Boys :p

IkerCLoN
02-13-2003, 11:23 AM
Good model, but I have always believed that a wire shot must show the low poly character, not the smoothed one...

sinthetic
02-13-2003, 09:49 PM
Great job on the textures, the head and face look VERY good, I think the entire model is excellent!

NelsonInomvan
02-13-2003, 11:16 PM
5 stars for you that's for shure. Man your pic is great remind me of Quan Chi.

Hey btw did anyone know if MKDA will be released for PC

chesky Wang
02-13-2003, 11:40 PM
amazing works. I like the eyes tattoo and gesture of the guy.
very cool and full of aggression.

I love all of your work, perfect without any critics. keep on new project. :)

lil' rothko
02-17-2003, 08:08 PM
Great work. I'd love to see the wire without the meshsmooth though if you can post it. The textures are amazing. Are the skin areas made up partly with photographs? Or is it all photoshop?

Once again, very impressive stuff.:beer:

RaMaR
02-17-2003, 10:39 PM
This image is the best rendering i've never seen....you have created a man!

Maximillion
02-17-2003, 10:57 PM
Freakin' Brilliant, man. I don't know what else to say...
Top Notch.:beer:

Maybe I'll just randomly pickout details because I think i should say SOMETHING... naw.
Bottom line, you keep that up. I want to see more.

DaKrunch
03-11-2003, 11:13 AM
oh my... you're damn good! U left me without words!
how much time did you spend on it?

maybe we'll meet soon... in your studio!
i'm the italian guy at the politecnica! :applause: :applause:

(no way, you rock)

podoba
03-11-2003, 02:12 PM
great work... no more comment

Soulcialism
03-11-2003, 04:23 PM
it's great - the shoulder plate and the straps holding it on look great - not to mention the body itself of course....

it reminds me of baldur's gate - did anyone ever play that game? the big mercenary that you could hire at pretty much the beginning of the game? i forget his name - but i remember "squeaky wheel gets the kick!"

FabioMSilva
04-08-2003, 07:35 PM
amazing work! how did u made the detail in the armor shoulder? Its bump or really modeled? and in the sword? if its bum how can u control its placE? uwnrap or uv coordinates?

cuzz
04-14-2003, 01:26 PM
Looks great top job
just one thing his chest looks a little strange in the middle.:thumbsup:

friedmike
06-25-2003, 02:33 AM
Great skin shader, and metal shaders!

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.