PDA

View Full Version : wynds wip problem

wynd
10-16-2006, 11:21 PM
okay, so I, for some reason, can't seem to get into the coloring scheme of this piece. Its supposed to be based on the color purple--meaning that the main theme is using purple and its compliments--but I seem to be lacking inspirations. Anyone want to give me their thoughts? I really would appriciate it because I am tired of leading myself blindly in the dark. I am not that interested in anatomy but rather the design/aesthetics.

I tried to post before but I received no feedback. It would be REALLY appriciated if I got some this time.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i273/wyndarlen/Phillip03.jpg

jackie66
10-17-2006, 12:01 AM
Now I would grab the eyedropper tool and take the colors that are half yellow and half purple and use those. just keep grabbing colors and blend them together. When I paint, my right hand holds my tablet pen and my left hand is on the letters i and b on the keyboard, (eyedropper and brush tools), constantly switching back and forth between them.
I would also suggest using very extreme colors, try it on a seperate layer, but very dark or very bright colors in the right places make the picture so much more interesting.
hope this can help you,
jackie.

LDiehl
10-17-2006, 12:34 AM
I suggest picking a light color (and main source) and using a variation of its compliment for the shadows. The fact that you can't get into the color scheme might mean it isn't interesting enough for you...in which case you might want to add some other colors =)

Keep it up!

Schoende
10-17-2006, 01:03 AM
Well I'm going to try and give you some color tips:

Well I would try to add more contrast to the pic. Darker shadows and maybe some spectacular shading on the armor parts.

What can make a picture much more interesting is adding the opposit color into your color scheme which would be yellow in your case (though I would preffer the combo red/green or blue/orange more). you could mix white and a little yellow to get a nice spectacular color. Or add the almost opposit like green or orange (green would be interesting on spectacular too I guess).

You could try to break te color by putting in little details on the armor like you did in this picture: lanc2 (http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i273/wyndarlen/Lanc2.jpg). maybe in yellow/red/blue.

I hope this will help you out a little ;) good work so far and I'll hope to see more soon.

wynd
10-17-2006, 07:30 AM
thanks for the feedback you guys. I especially like the comment about pulling new colors in like yellow and whatnot. I shall try and do so. Thanks all!

CGTalk Moderation
10-17-2006, 07:30 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.