PDA

View Full Version : Want to learn Houdini?

MCronin
02-04-2003, 05:58 PM
Now you have no excuse.

14 Hours of professional training videos and support files directly from Side FX themselves, covering every major aspect of the software, modeling, rigging, animation, texturing, shading, rendering, compositing, and effects, and include support materials:

www.vislab.usyd.edu.au/sidefx/houdini_video/

Free Online class with Video Lectures, tests, assignments and projects. Currently there is 1 module (approximately 4 Hours worth of video lectures) available, with a second module (hours more of video) on the way in a matter of days, and new modules to follow approximately once a month.

www.3dbuzz.com

You can download the software from either within the Houdini 101 Course at Buzz, or at the VisLab site linked above.

These videos are narrated and very informative, and it's all free. Take advantage of it.

SheepFactory
02-04-2003, 06:22 PM
awesome!

Thanks for the link.

MCronin
02-04-2003, 11:30 PM
Just to clarify, if you already have Apprentice CD 2, you've seen most of the video posted at vislab. However, the compositing and character videos are all new, and were just posted last night.

SaucyJack
02-05-2003, 06:38 PM
Gutted,I only have a 56k modem

:mad:

Will have to sweet talk a mate into downloading them for me. Nice to see sidefx making inroads in this area though.

MCronin
02-05-2003, 06:46 PM
Go to your local library or an internet cafe that has a high speed connection and get them. You can also order CD's from 3D Buzz, and you can probably still get the CDs from SideFX for 10-15 US dollars.

Nurb'd
02-07-2003, 01:42 AM
I have to agree

everyone who has any intrest in high end software should jump all over this.. especially with the free training

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.