PDA

View Full Version : check me portfolio

SHEPEIRO
10-16-2006, 03:20 PM
yo peeps did this for freeeeeeeeeee. all freeeeeee.

thanks to rick-stirling for showing me how.

http://osart3d.wordpress.com/

smurfbizkit2
10-16-2006, 03:41 PM
Do you have to use photobucket for images?

SHEPEIRO
10-16-2006, 03:43 PM
you can use any freeeee image hosting, photobuckets just what im used to

Squirmy
10-16-2006, 04:44 PM
That turned out great, and for free. One thing that bugged me was, the sub header links inside the blue header box. When you roll over them they highlight with this gray box that covers the other link names. It happens in mozilla and I.E.

Anywho, good job man.

ArchangelTalon
10-16-2006, 04:55 PM
Heh, I've seen better portfolio sites, but I guess for 100% free you can't complain.

I'd really think about making your own (or getting someone to make you one) as you'll have much more control over the content and the presentation of the content.

Also having smallish images that are links, I find I keep clicking on them to get bigger images, only to be directed to Photobucket's website. Argh :x

The header links are messed up, too. They are crammed together oddly and they obscure each other.

Content's good, though ;)

ojko
10-16-2006, 05:09 PM
You've got too many top level pages at the moment. What you need to do is organise them better. Something like Portfolio > 3D art > project X, where 3D art is a sub page of Portfolio and project X is a subpage of 3D art. Have a look at my site, to see what I mean: http://www.ojko.com as i'm using wordpress too.

ArchangelTalon
10-16-2006, 05:18 PM
You've got too many top level pages at the moment. What you need to do is organise them better. Something like Portfolio > 3D art > project X, where 3D art is a sub page of Portfolio and project X is a subpage of 3D art. Have a look at my site, to see what I mean: http://www.ojko.com as i'm using wordpress too.
Not neccesarily. You want people to see your work as quickly and as easily as possible.

Have a goosey at this article by Jon Jones about how to design your portfolio (http://www.thejonjones.com/2005/10/07/your-portfolio-repels-jobs/). He's got some good points.

HellBoy
10-16-2006, 05:21 PM
the content of your site is amazing m8, however the presentation needs a little improvement

madmenno
10-16-2006, 11:25 PM
Thats some nice stuff, your psp spec models look great. You have good modeling and texturing skills. I love that "mini" kinda car of 77K tri's the most i think. Love what you done with the material, you sure you used only a difuse, spec and normall? Looks like the shaders are more complicated.

Your site however looks to simple (not that i can do better i suck at sites as i suck with texturing :D). I would pick a nice color scheme and realy design your site. Go for something similar in design as your models but not to funky and color full it has to be user friendly too.

Good luck!

benclark
10-17-2006, 09:33 AM
The images are kinda small but your work is fantastic, the Porco Rosso project really stands out as the most interesting work

jesuisankit
10-17-2006, 01:01 PM
hey man, one of the best gaming porfolio I hav seen to date.. very nice low poly and texture stuff u got in there. I hope u get the job in the best studio around... u really deserve it... Best of luck and cheers to u mate!

SHEPEIRO
10-17-2006, 04:23 PM
cheers peeps. quick update. changed theme (dont know much CSS so i havnt started personnalizing it yet), re-ordered pages and stopped those annoying piccy links to photobucket.

dpizzle
10-17-2006, 04:32 PM
looks great dude,
always loved your style

HellBoy
10-17-2006, 06:35 PM
definatlely much better now. Much cleaner too, easy to navigate

copenhagenjazz
10-19-2006, 07:56 PM
I really like this site. Clean, fast and best of all no BS.

Did you make this theme for wordpress yourself or did you find it somewhere on the net? Have been looking for a similar theme myself because I just want a simple site where content can be uploaded quickly and easily. All the themes I have found so far have all the usual wordpress stuff like categories, calender, etc etc.

Oh and your content is nice as well. Your Porco Rosso project is wicked! Best of luck with your jobhunting :)

CGTalk Moderation
10-19-2006, 07:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.