PDA

View Full Version : Jahshaka V 2 released

Kai01W
10-16-2006, 01:19 PM
Jahshaka 2.0 is available now for immediate download! This latest version of the software includes a host of critical updates that are certain to please veteran users and provide a more stable and satisfying experience to those new to the open source project. This latest version is the most rock-solid version of Jahshaka to date and represents an important milestone in our development!

Jahplayer 0.1.0, a professional grade media player capable of playing uncompressed video and image sequences at resolutions as high as 2K and 4K in real-time and featuring image analysis tools and basic editorial function, is also available for download! Jahplayer 0.1.0 is based on entirely new source code that will serve as the basis for Jahshaka 3.0 and is Python-based which facilitates scripting.

http://www.jahshaka.org

I`m not sure about jahshaka (the old version was not usuable, still had no time to check V2) but the jahplayer looks interesting.

R10k
10-16-2006, 04:33 PM
Same ol' same ol'... massive slowdowns and a crash after ten seconds of use.

Here's to hoping version 3 will actually work.

EnlightenedPixel
10-16-2006, 05:02 PM
Crashes as usual. It looks promicing visualy, but when actualy being fiddled with it collapses when trying to play a video or load more than 1 video object.

Kai01W
10-16-2006, 06:47 PM
Yip. Had the time to fiddle around with jahshaka a bit. Still not working properly. Jahplayer however seemed to work fine. Did not crash or behave weird.

-k

R10k
10-17-2006, 02:47 AM
I'm temped to email the guys and ask why the program's main feature seems to be crashing. It's strange they've released the final version 2, and it's doesn't work... at all.

I wonder who's testing it...

csven
10-17-2006, 02:57 AM
I'd been looking forward to the 2.0 release. I'd not yet tried it and was thinking that by now it would be a worthwhile app. Bummer to hear otherwise.

erilaz
10-17-2006, 03:41 AM
Just make sure you don't have anything important unsaved before you use it. We've had a couple of cold system reboots!

But it's looking more and more promising as time goes on.

icedeyes
10-17-2006, 06:23 AM
I hadnt used it before... tried it now and i kind of like it... has quite a few stability issues but i think they will be fixed in time... Wasn't there supposed to be a node editing system in this version?

Apoclypse
10-17-2006, 01:49 PM
This software is very much beta and the insistance of the developers to give it a full version number as opposed to a .x status is misleading. They should follow the conventions established by other oss projects in-terms of versioning. This product is not even a 1.0 product at the moment. Though I do see why they did it so that their could be a clear distinction between the different branches.

CGTalk Moderation
10-17-2006, 01:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.