PDA

View Full Version : DOGGOTH, a short movie by Keiichiro Emura

Bahaya
10-15-2006, 10:34 PM
Hello everyone,
my name is Keiichiro and i graduated from the Academy of Art University this year. Here is my final thesis movie.

This is the story about a Heavy Metal Band called Doggoth. The Bass Guitar Player,
Malcolm McGee and the Drummer, Charlie Miller, are looking for a new Guitar Player.
A new guy, Vinnie, comes to the audition, but he does not quite look like
he'd fit in the band...

http://www.keyemura.net/cgtalkstuff/cgtalkdoggoth.jpg

i hope you like it. Any comments welcome.
Go here to watch: http://www.keyemura.net
Thank you!

animark11
10-16-2006, 12:10 AM
ha ha ha! thats awesome Key! :thumbsup: Its great to see it all done. I can see you took the effort in the layout and storyboarding. I like the pace, editing and it all falls together nicely. I bet you wish you had more time on it though. heh heh wouldnt we all. I also looked at your other animations and they have so much life to them. they have something unique about them.
I wish you the best of luck out there :applause:

myung

bonoarts
10-16-2006, 06:44 AM
Don't forget I'm your #1 fan! :D

Hey guys! you gotta check this movie out!

pommegenozide
10-16-2006, 07:02 AM
Man, This is a very funny piece, I like the pacing as well as your editing skill, camera works are nice too.

And for the animations, they are good until the end, the laugh animations still stiff, but to be honest, before writing this comment ... I watched "DOGGOTH" twice in a row because it was so damn funny, I laughed out so loud especially when Vinnie blown away Malcolm's something. (Don't wanna spoil it)

You've made a good example of a good piece which offered things that audiences would enjoy and have fun with. For job hunting you may need to nail down specific skill or things that you wanted to impress the employer, but as an audience, I think DOGGOTH is very good and worth watching over and over again.

This is definitely a good piece that I'd like to share it with my friends!

Keep on!

PS. by the way the guitar rift in the end sound similar to Primal Fear's "Silver and Gold" , is that your influence?

som3d59
10-16-2006, 10:18 AM
heheh...so fun piece! I love the sound effect. Face shapes and charactor look are a bit scary but that's the style. Good luck with finding work and don't forget to share laugh next time. :thumbsup:

[what the heck is this?!]

keko
10-16-2006, 08:04 PM
GO JOB!! Dude :thumbsup:
Tun

urico
10-17-2006, 01:54 AM
Dude, You rock! Great to see it finally done.

Batchem
10-17-2006, 02:09 AM
What a cool, fun, and surprising piece!

Batchem

shlee31
10-18-2006, 06:14 AM
Hey Kei .

i watched this one several times.

it's really fun haha

good job. man!

-SangHo

pixade
10-18-2006, 05:44 PM
Rendering turned out great! A huge difference from what you showed in May!!! I'm impressed!

FunkyCowie
10-18-2006, 06:25 PM
Concept and story is nice however I feel it lacks something in all aspects. The paintFx hair looks like its a wig, not sure if its intentional, but it would be more funny if they looked more real as I almost expected the hair to come off. The animation could be pushed a bit more, and it lacked. Texturing on the eyes of the blonde looked a little freaky. Rendering could have been nicer.. but hey its just my opinion based on how I see the story done in my eyes so it could be down to personal taste *shrug*

EDIT: Your other animations are far superior :)

EDIT EDIT: Aaaand... I think I would lose the Guitarist at the end of your reel... I woul dbe like watching your reel and think this guy is good and keep watching (like I did). The the guitarist pops up and animation wise its not as good as your other work, its seems very dated, can`t think of a better word.

hunjin
10-19-2006, 07:24 AM
hey Kei
you finally made it. congratulations.
I've seen you really enjoy making film. I also learn from that.
you did great job.

-ILM34

Bahaya
10-21-2006, 07:31 PM
Everyone, thank you very much for watching and enjoying Doggoth!

animark11, bonoarts, keko, urico, shlee31, pixade, hunjin: Thank you for your nice words and support! See you around!

pommegenozide: thanks for the comments! The guitar riff at the end was not influenced by Primal Fear in particular (i am not so familiar with their songs); just wanted to make an uptempo rock tune 80's sorta style.

som3d59: ari-ga-tou!

Batchem: Thank you!

Funky Cowie: Thanks for your comments and crit!

CGTalk Moderation
10-21-2006, 07:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.