PDA

View Full Version : Force selected channels

Soviut
10-15-2006, 07:49 PM
I'm trying to build a custom channel control. Is there any way I can force a channel selection. I want a user to be able to click a button on my form, have a corresponding channel selected, thus allowing the user to do a middle-mouse-drag in the viewport to slide the value.

As far as I can tell, I can only query the selected channels from the mainChannelBox, I don't think there's any way I can actually force a selection. What I'm really after is that middle-mouse-slider functionality, so if there's a way to bypass the channelbox to get this, I'd take that too.

Soviut
10-20-2006, 01:12 AM
Looks like I may need to use the API to do this.

NateH
10-20-2006, 03:21 AM
I have never done anything like this before but Ive seen a mel command that sounded allot like this: dragAttrContext I think.

Edit: just tested the examples and I think that's what your looking for.

Soviut
10-26-2006, 04:38 PM
Thanks! I'm checking it out now. Hopfully I can get this working.

sparaig
10-26-2006, 05:53 PM
Thanks! I'm checking it out now. Hopfully I can get this working.

If you can figure it out, let us know. I've been looking for intermediate sample code for draggerContext for some time now. I *assume* that whatever works with one should apply somewhat to the other.

CGTalk Moderation
10-26-2006, 05:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.