PDA

View Full Version : Ugly meshes in the Vue scene

ozioz
10-14-2006, 08:54 PM
I have never had a problem with importing objects from 3dmax to any other applications but Vue.. When I import my meshes into Vue, the result is too bad. I cannot put up with this trouble and have to do something. İt is a trial version but I think it is not the problem that I have had so far.

What should I do to have good imported objects in a Vue scene??

I used obj. file format..

What is the problem?

What is your suggestion??

bruno021
10-26-2006, 05:07 PM
Could you be a bit more specific? What is happening to your meshes? When you say the result is ugly, is it in the viewports (easy fix) or in the render? A screengrab would help.

ozioz
10-27-2006, 07:19 PM
Ok folks!... Looks like I have solved the problem.. İt was the same problem wtih the smoothing groups in Max or in the other main 3d applications. So it was a viweport problem. It was also able to be seen on the rendering results. I saw many noisy faces and surfaces on my objects which were nor organic or something smoothed.

To solve this problem (if you guys have not come across it yet) duble click on your object and adjust smoothing option to zero. That's it !! now they look realy good as they look in Max!!!

Thank you again.

That-JC
10-31-2006, 07:20 AM
You might also want to experiment with using .3ds format, instead of .obj. I use .obj successfully with Silo 3D, but some Max users do seem to prefer .3ds.

CGTalk Moderation
10-31-2006, 07:20 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.