PDA

View Full Version : xStream- Can't see model in Vue and C4D...Help!

gproart
10-14-2006, 06:40 PM
Hello-

Was wondering if someone can give me some insight on the xStream plugin for Cinema 4D. I was trying out the demo, but I have one major question. I have my model opened in C4D and am using the xStream plugin. When I switch over to the vue interface to add landscape, I cannot see my model. I'm not sure if there is something I'm doing wrong, but it would only make sense to see your model in both software in order to be able to add elements. Help!

videodv
10-14-2006, 07:48 PM
Funny enough I have just started to have a look at this myself and I am getting the same thing no objects in the vue interface or no scene in cinema so I agree that it is difficult to place things as you cannot see them.

As I have only been using this for a few minutes I have no answer yet but hopefully someone out there has the answer.

videodv.

IvanB
10-15-2006, 03:10 AM
Hey people,

I was watching the xstream demo from the Siggraph thingy..the vue scene will be seen in the 3d app (3ds) with your object, but when switching back to vue to modify, there is no object present. I think this is normal.

check the link.

http://www.cornucopia3d.com/siggraph.php?sid=64c85e049ddfb644d2352ea0430e98f6&synch_f=1&_sid_=fa1ad008ecd09882f102d726a8669942

Ivan.

Srdjan_R
10-16-2006, 07:40 AM
Hi gproart,

quote: "...I'm not sure if there is something I'm doing wrong..."

I can see you tryed demo, and let me suggest, you still did not do anything wrong (did not invest in inferior software), I have bought Xstreme and infinity and it was worst investment I ever made. They still have to develop software quite a bit. It is good idea, but still at the very begenning. I can also see, numerous treads are deleted from this forum, so it shows, people are trying hard to help them, but once you buy software, in my case $1000, you stay with bad investment. I wish If someone told me this before I bought mine...

Best luck and regards
Srdjan

videodv
10-16-2006, 08:23 AM
Just found it!

You need to change from software shading to opengl shading in the preferences in cinema.

videodv

gproart
10-19-2006, 07:13 AM
Just found it!

You need to change from software shading to opengl shading in the preferences in cinema.

videodv

I tried that and it still does not show in both programs.

Srdjan_R
10-19-2006, 10:42 AM
Hello all,

As far I understood E-on guys, Xstream works one way only, it is there for users to see Vue content inside your Cinema 4D or Max. If you want to see your object created in Cinema 4D or Max inside Vue, you have to import it into Infinite. Problem with Infinite (I don't know why they call it like that, because is very limeted, unfortunately) is that your scene is only 5000 units big, so, anotherwords, your world is that big and thats it. As a result of that, you have to scale your object in order that Vue will show in the view port, otherwise some camera clipping will occur. Thats how I understood how Vue works, I wish I was wrong, I wouldn't feel bad, as I do. Please, somebody correct me if there is another way of doing it.

I have seen some amazing work in Vue, some cool architecture, but unfortunately, does Vue gurus are unaproachable, and we are stuck with those Vue viewport problems. Maybe one of these days we will have more luck :)

Regards
Srdjan

IvanB
10-19-2006, 11:02 AM
Hey Srdjan_R,

I was wondering if I could start a new thread about xstream, as I'm wanting to purchase it for vue 6 and would like to ask you a few questions...Is that cool ?..

I'm happy to continue in this thread, but dont want to get off the topic gproart started (sorry people)...

Ivan...

ps: If I purchase it, and work out how to use it, I'm going to create some very detailed video tutorials on it (using Lightwave & Xstream), as theres NOTHING out there about it...good or bad!. I'm hoping my vue2Lightwave tutes will help.

Srdjan_R
10-19-2006, 11:12 AM
Hello Ivan,

I am always ready for chalenge, please start new tread. I hope gproart will not be angry with us hijacking his tread :)

Regards
Srdjan

IvanB
10-20-2006, 07:51 AM
Hey all,

First up SORRY! gproart...Secondly thanks Srdjan_R,

I'll do that..I'll call it "Xstream..Will it..Won't it?"..Do worry, I just want some pretty basic info on what i will be able to do with it, or more importantly what I can't do with it. I have some idea...I did read alot of the stuff you had in a thread a while back, but it didn't make sense, as I wasn't familiar with the software your using with Xstream.

Thanks again
Ivan.

gproart
10-21-2006, 12:36 AM
Hey, not a problem...looking forward to seeing that thread. I'm pretty discouraged with xStream at the moment.

CGTalk Moderation
10-21-2006, 12:36 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.