View Full Version : Deja Vu trailer

ParamountCell
10-14-2006, 06:08 PM
http://www.apple.com/trailers/touchstone/dejavu/trailer2/
--------------------------------------------------------

looks good

danshewan
10-14-2006, 06:37 PM
It does look quite good, and it's nice to see Denzel Washington working with Tony Scott again, but aside from the almost-obligatory post work and some limited visual effects (which are present in most films - even Polanski's Oliver Twist had some VFX), I'm not sure how relevant this post is to a CG forum......

ParamountCell
10-14-2006, 06:47 PM
It does look quite good, and it's nice to see Denzel Washington working with Tony Scott again, but aside from the almost-obligatory post work and some limited visual effects (which are present in most films - even Polanski's Oliver Twist had some VFX), I'm not sure how relevant this post is to a CG forum......

Thanx for the reply
yea i have had coments like this on some of my previous posts, I guess at times it becomes unclear weather or not certain links should be posted in the cg news section. The reason I posted is because i noticed some vfx in the trailer, so i assumed that this film would have quite a bit of cg in it. I have also seen some posts to do with operating systems and also computer hardware, so in some way that kinda blurs the line for me. Mods please move this thread if you see fit.

Regarding the movie, yea it looks great, with a lineup including Tony Scott, Jerry Bruckheimer, Denzel Washington, and Harry Gregson Williams on the sound, its got me pretty excited.

danshewan
10-14-2006, 06:59 PM
Harry Gregson Williams on the sound, its got me pretty excited.

I didn't know he was doing the score - I'm a fan of his work (although you can totally hear where the MGS theme came from if you listen to the Speed main theme, which I only recently noticed).

And yeah, sometimes posting stuff like this can be a grey area, although I'm fairly sure that this one falls short of the criteria, even though there are some visual effects in the trailer. I'm guessing that there'll be more explosions and gun-battles than CG work in this movie, if Scott's previous efforts are anything to go by.

Still, thanks for posting.

ParamountCell
10-14-2006, 07:04 PM
Still, thanks for posting.

No probs :thumbsup:

skello
10-14-2006, 07:36 PM
looks cool....will surely check it out

beaker
10-14-2006, 09:58 PM
It does look quite good, and it's nice to see Denzel Washington working with Tony Scott again, but aside from the almost-obligatory post work and some limited visual effects (which are present in most films - even Polanski's Oliver Twist had some VFX), I'm not sure how relevant this post is to a CG forum......Asylum VFX did somewhere in the range of 800 shots on this movie. So I wouldn't exactly call that "limited visual effects". :)

Jadetiger
10-15-2006, 12:57 AM
Yeh, this looks pretty good. Some nice effects on there.

Jadetiger
10-15-2006, 12:58 AM
Yeh, this looks pretty good. Some nice.... woah.. wait...:eek:

ParamountCell
10-15-2006, 01:28 AM
Yeh, this looks pretty good. Some nice.... woah.. wait...:eek:

heheheh, very clever.:) The effect that cought my attention is when they show four days in the past, it was exactly how I imagined looking through time would look like, reminds me of the a string theory explanation I heard.

shy-guy
10-15-2006, 06:45 AM
Woa... looks nice; one of my favorite movies ever is Crimson Tide, so im really excited about this one, it reunites almost the whole group; i wasn´t a big fan of Domino btw, so i hope Scott can control himself with this outting, putting the storytelling first and the style next, and not the other way.

edit: that girl looks a lot like halle berry :surprised

eek
10-15-2006, 07:35 AM
heheheh, very clever.:) The effect that cought my attention is when they show four days in the past, it was exactly how I imagined looking through time would look like, reminds me of the a string theory explanation I heard.

The effect is nicked from advert i saw a while back where they do a timeslice with a long exposure, kinda like a moving the camera with slowsynch, or firing a slave maybe a third to a half later. Wish i knew the advert, maybe orange or vodaphone..

haha im awesome! - its orange's muck about advert:

http://www.absolutelyandy.com/tvadverts/3rywyrn73nhehwhfdnnr393jefwvwvwililillxuvuxluvlwie21i1il1il11/Orange_muckabout.wmv

yep so anyway, slowsync timeslice.

ParamountCell
10-15-2006, 08:51 AM
The effect is nicked from advert i saw a while back where they do a timeslice with a long exposure, kinda like a moving the camera with slowsynch, or firing a slave maybe a third to a half later. Wish i knew the advert, maybe orange or vodaphone..

haha im awesome! - its orange's muck about advert:

http://www.absolutelyandy.com/tvadverts/3rywyrn73nhehwhfdnnr393jefwvwvwililillxuvuxluvlwie21i1il1il11/Orange_muckabout.wmv

yep so anyway, slowsync timeslice.

Yea i remember that advert to, they used to show it quite a bit in the cinemas here in the uk.

danshewan
10-15-2006, 11:45 AM
Asylum VFX did somewhere in the range of 800 shots on this movie. So I wouldn't exactly call that "limited visual effects". :)

Well, that's not immediately apparent by the content of the trailer, nor the premise of the movie itself. I am glad that there's considerable CG work in the movie, and I really liked their work on The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, so I'm really looking forward to this now. I think they worked on Man on Fire, too.....

thoughtlesswhisper
10-15-2006, 10:01 PM
AGAIN people with the trying to justify their news stories. its got cg in it so its news dammit. if its news to you, just read it and then move on. flamin 'eck guvnor i cant take it no'mor!

visionmaster2
10-16-2006, 06:39 AM
Deja Vu...yes it is. the title is justified by the impression of deja vu in this trailer.
same voice than in other trailers, same structure in the montage, same sounds, musics, dialogues, explosions etc..

:rolleyes:

CGTalk Moderation
10-16-2006, 06:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.