PDA

View Full Version : Real time mocap needs new render engine

eahartz
10-14-2006, 06:20 PM
Hello, I am a Maya artist consulting a industry leading real time mocap studio on updating their graphics pipeline. Currently the render tech in the pipline is using OpenGL libs from about 10 years ago resulting in flat shaded playback. Their small but powerful programming team is more than capable of writing their own real time render engine but have asked me to research possible turnkey solutions. Ideally the new solution would allow easy model/shader set up in maya for the art team to export and their progammers can provide any custom scripting/plugins to aid in the process. Having the ability to utilize specular shading, normal mapping, light mapping, texture overlays, through CGFX and ASHLI shaders would also be prefererd. The result of all this would be driven by their realtime animation and bundled within their current data analysis UI and distributed globally, so of course redistributing/licensing of this is also a main concern. Any feedback or personal experiences/reccomendations would be great. As mentioned I am a aritst currently working in the game industry and have some aptitude for technical discussions. Mind you the gameplay aspect is of no importance just the real time rendering abilites an ease of use. Their goal is to showcase their state of the art mocap with state of the art realtime rendering.

Thanks for any feedback possible, it is greatly appreciated.

CGTalk Moderation
10-14-2006, 06:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.