PDA

View Full Version : is there a shortcut....

shadowedge
10-14-2006, 03:34 PM
...or a hotkey for the polygon island select filter?

I did a quick search and didnt find anything... If i overlooked, or didnt search hard enough, I apologize.

either way thanks...

Noratio
10-14-2006, 03:41 PM
i
board asks min 10 letters reply

Chinny
10-14-2006, 04:21 PM
There is no command for the "polygon island" selection filter, (though there is one for SetPolygonSelectionFilter and for ActivateRaycastPolySelectTool) so you would have to make a new command. The most simple thing is to drag and drop this script to a toolbar and make it a command.

ActivateRaycastPolySelTool
SetSelFilter "Polygon_Island"

Then go File>Keybaord Mapping, on the left look for "custom script commands" and assign your new command to a hotkey

Chin

Noratio
10-14-2006, 04:29 PM
Ah sorry, not UV editor, but in view manager. Should have read more carefully.

dwigfor
10-14-2006, 09:53 PM
I've gotten used to selecting a poly and then shift +++++++++++++ to grow the selection to the entire polymesh. Is that kinda what you're after?

Sbowling
10-15-2006, 06:03 AM
I've gotten used to selecting a poly and then shift +++++++++++++ to grow the selection to the entire polymesh. Is that kinda what you're after?

CTRL A works much better for an entire object. :) There is also a script in the SDK that shows how to select visible polygons which i posted around here somewhere in response to a question.

dwigfor
10-15-2006, 06:45 AM
But what if you had merged several meshes together, so they now have discontinued edges. I assumed a poly island was a part of the polymesh, up to the discontinued edges.. So I'd sel a poly and grow it. Got a better way for that?

shadowedge
10-16-2006, 08:27 AM
thanks dwigfor, I never thought of it but yeah, I guess that would do.

But, I'd like to try Chinny's advice. I've long hoped for a 1 button solution to it. Our Polygon Island filter is max's equivalent to select element.

I've been doing it the hard way:

press u to activate polygon raycast select,
then set the filter to polygon select.

i'd do that every single time, and it gets iritating because whenever i select a different object you have to set the filter again :sad:

anyway, thanks for the input everyone!

CGTalk Moderation
10-16-2006, 08:27 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.