PDA

View Full Version : How do I make multiple models one single model?

Nii
10-14-2006, 12:03 PM
See topic title =P. I am trying to make a model for Half-Life 2, but after using 3ds Max for so long I'm kindof scared of the vertex order stuffing up. How do I make all my body parts just one single one? I don't mean just grouping them either, I want the two to become one mesh in every sense of the word.

And while I'm here, is there a quick way to merge/weld verts that are exactly on top of each other? My model is broken into parts, but their seams overlap perfectly. How do I weld these seams quickly? Or is there no way to do it other than manually?

Thanks in advance,

-Nii

PS What I seek is the equivalent of 3ds Max's attach, or attach list tool.

Sbowling
10-14-2006, 12:11 PM
Use merge. It will automatically merge verts from the different models that are within a certain range of eachother. This can be adjusted of course. Be sure to click on the buttons to compy the UVs and weights to the newly created model.

As I'm fond of saying, A search through the help or even these forums with the simple keyword "merge" would have brought you several answers to you question much quicker than someone replying to a new question.

Nii
10-14-2006, 12:41 PM
Thanks so much. I'm sorry that I didn't search successfully. But search I did in both the forum and help reference, but I didn't know what term XSI uses as opposed to 3ds Max's attach mesh =)

dwigfor
10-14-2006, 09:46 PM
I replied on xsibase, but I'll also reply here.

To merge your verts, modify/polymesh/filterpoints.

CGTalk Moderation
10-14-2006, 09:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.