PDA

View Full Version : Demo Reel

osler
10-14-2006, 10:52 AM
Hi,

I wanted to share my demo reel to others, I got 6 years of work experiences (video games and post production).
I'm actualy looking for a job as a 3d animator or modeler.

www.id-pixel.net/demoReel/DemoReel_LowRes.mov (http://www.id-pixel.net/demoReel/DemoReel_LowRes.mov) (right clic, save as...39Mb)

home page :
www.id-pixel.net/demoReel (http://www.id-pixel.net/demoReel)

Critics are welcome,
thanks.
Marc

splintah
10-14-2006, 12:49 PM
waiting for quite a while now

suggestions:
your reel is too big 39mb is too big
- you can have it as a high quality option though

your server is too slow - should already be finished downloading 40mb

and you dont have it stream so you cant even tell if its loading or not

so i would reexport it as sorensen3 medium quality
that usually gives you pretty small filesizes and acceptable quality
and dont forget the stream option

Winner
10-14-2006, 10:17 PM
this is a good reel but has a kind of `jumbled up` feel. I really liked the shots from the movie, ( the rat and the fruit in particular ) i thought they were very well animated.. and the kids with the big heads moved nicely, but were a bit annoying ? ( why have you just plastered a music track over all of your dialogue pieces ? copyright stuff ? i would lose the music if you can ). Yeah and i though the bat-woman stuff was some of the weakest, so i was confused why i kept seeing it - especially at the start at the end of the demo...

so yeah.. i thought there was spots of fantastic animation, that could have been much better with some audio, and some weaker stuff that just seemed almost as if it wasnt done by you, because of the difference in quality compared to the feature stuff you did.

osler
10-14-2006, 10:58 PM
hi!
thanks for the advice, I done it with the sorensen3 and I tried to have the lightest file... but I couldn't a better one, a lower rate would give me a bad video quality ...

very interesting to have people critics, I put a single sound track to have a united and dynamic work. I have so many different kind of work, some with music, some with voices, some without any sound that it would be a "cut" video without any rythme.
I did as company use to do for their demo reel.
Some work are professional and some like the "batwomen" are not. This kind of work was done first to get a job in post production.
Thanks for remind me that it is not as good as the other animations.
The child project is a cartoon explaining that he is very sad without his toy, so there are a lot of sequences where you can see him sad, so it is a bit annoying at that moment but you have to see it in the whole animation to appreciate it.
I promess, I will take off all the weakest stuff as soon as I will have some other work :)

thanks a lot

osler
10-24-2006, 10:36 AM
I made some changes, you can see my demo reel in streaming now, you don't have to wait any more ! :)

CGTalk Moderation
10-24-2006, 10:36 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.