PDA

View Full Version : new way to create surface / animate with sound - What have been made ?

teresuac
10-14-2006, 01:14 AM
Hello,
It's my first post here. I'm a french student (so sorry for my poor english... ) and I have one year or two to work on a project I choose. I have an idee but I don't know what have been made in this domain.
I want to create a surface using several meshs, like Zphere or Blobmesh but with any mesh and with UV in order to make something which can be deformed easier. I love morpher and displacement but combine to this, it can be interesting. I'm not a developer, I already use mel and the api of maya but I touch a little bit at all (animation, game, Virtual reality,..). So I really need your opinion ^^ If you have some advice or anything else.

I have an other project I begin. A plugin to animate with sound. for now, I just analyse the sound but some other students want to make their project on the interaction between picture and sound. Do you know what have already been made around this ?

thanks for your reply
Teresuac

teresuac
10-16-2006, 05:47 PM
finally I think I will try to play with metaballs in Houdini and realflow. But do you know where I can find some metaballs algorithm ? in order to better understand and may be create a plugin in maya.

CGTalk Moderation
10-16-2006, 05:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.