PDA

View Full Version : GAME CAMP in Toronto - Build Games for XBox 360 and Windows!

bentllama
10-13-2006, 10:27 PM
You’ve heard the rumblings and it’s true! Anyone can now build modern games for Windows AND the Xbox 360 and Microsoft Canada wants to show them how!

On Saturday, November 11th, 2006, Microsoft will take anyone who has an interest in learning to build a game for Windows or the Xbox 360 through a day of fun and learning. We call it GAME CAMP. We’re inviting all students and hobbiests who are interested in learning about game development to this free event. We’re even buying lunch!

Please get the word out to the community. Through your blogs, contacts and influencers. Let’s raise this up and fill to capacity!

Call To Action: Please forward to Students, Hobbiests, Usergroup Leaders, Bloggers, MVPs and Regional Directors as well as internal Microsoft employees who know of teenagers or University students that are interested in learning!

Here’s the abstract and session layout for the day.

If building games for the Xbox 360 or Windows gets you excited then you have to be at this event. For the first time, Microsoft will take you through the details of our (soon to be released) XNA Game Studio Express. If you didn’t already know, anyone can now build interactive, high performance games for Windows or Xbox 360. We’ll take you through an introduction of XNA and XNA Game Studio Express. Then we’ll equip you with the skills to start building games ranging from 2-D Arcade to stunning interactive 3-D.

The day starts at 9am so be there. Game On!

Register Now At: http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/EventDetail.aspx?EventID=1032312244&Culture=en-CA (http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/EventDetail.aspx?EventID=1032312244&Culture=en-CA)

** Please note that since this event is taking place on November 11, Microsoft has made a donation to the Royal Canadian Legion and will be providing Poppies for each attendee. The event will pause for 2 minutes of silence at 11am.

lildragon
10-13-2006, 10:42 PM
I'm there, just registered, thx for the heads up Bent.

Cheers

OneSharpMarble
10-14-2006, 12:35 AM
Bah it's in Toronto! :P

DuttyFoot
10-14-2006, 05:49 AM
hey bent, are they gonna have this in the states at anytime at all.

TemperalVision
10-14-2006, 07:30 AM
I just registered and am looking forward to this.

Now all I need to do is book a flight to Toronto.......:(

Taxman9
10-14-2006, 02:15 PM
Awesome, nice and close. Im defineitly going to try and be there.

DuttyFoot
10-15-2006, 12:56 AM
i am definately thinking of going, I was checking out ticket prices last night. man, i live all the way in miami. at least i will not have to worry about getting a place to stay since i have family in canada.

thoughtlesswhisper
10-15-2006, 02:08 AM
wow. this sounds pretty amazing. i wish i could get to canada to see this :(

MSrealy are pulling out all the stops for 360. i just wish i knew how to program, lol

CGTalk Moderation
10-15-2006, 02:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.