PDA

View Full Version : ERAGON Trailer

RobertoOrtiz
10-13-2006, 07:45 PM
>>LINK<< (http://www.latinoreview.com/filmpreview.php?id=27)

-R

Intervain
10-13-2006, 08:11 PM
it doesn't even look encouraging... no originality in those stories whatsoever :/

Apoclypse
10-13-2006, 08:22 PM
Dragonheart 3? Whatever it doesn't even look cool.

akaiwa
10-13-2006, 08:22 PM
Wasn't this posted a while ago, or is this a new one?

Either way, doesn't look too great. The egg looks like as suppository.

danshewan
10-13-2006, 08:40 PM
I'm glad that I'm not the only one that thinks this looks like a steaming pile of crap. Also, the way they've made it abundantly clear that we're to expect a further two sequels from the outset just pisses me off. Why make one terrible film, when you can make three?

General Midi
10-13-2006, 08:44 PM
A far from promising premise.
I've seen several lousy plots become reasonably o.k. movies, compensating with casting, acting, audio/music, dialogue.
Not that i'm expecting to see this happen here.

OneSharpMarble
10-13-2006, 08:55 PM
Hopefully it doesnt make any money and that kills off the sequels no one wants. What a waste of CG work.

Obsydian
10-14-2006, 06:39 AM
Mmm I want to watch this. :)

P_T
10-14-2006, 07:28 AM
It's just strange seeing a medieval king speaks with American accent. That and the dragon with a bird-like wings.

Solothores
10-14-2006, 09:09 AM
just based on this trailer:

- Set design, that just pales in comparison to the effort taken on e.g. LOTR for establishing a believable world (I guess that is the bar that has to be aimed for) this just looks like it was cloned directly out of dragon heart
- The D&D plastic troops seem to have found a new King with a bad fashion taste (Those costumes... )
- A main hero that I already want to see devoured by his own dragon mount, before even delivering a single line... (sympathy thing, I guess)
- magic as wildcard out of desperate situations (oh look, I forgot that I am invincible and even blast lightning bolts out of my a...)
- typical dragon/woman love interest that kicks all kind of a.... (And surely either is taken hostage, gets poisoned or switches sides just to switch side again near the end)

Cheers
Solo

Nichod
10-14-2006, 10:53 AM
Personally, I've liked the book series. And you can't judge a movie on a trailer. So I'm going to give it a chance. I thought the dragons looked just as I expected. Not to happy about the costumes either though.

PScanlan
10-14-2006, 06:56 PM
I agree with Nichod. I loved the books. Although there are a few things that I am worried about in the transformation from book to movie, I'm still really looking forward to it. I think it will be quite good.

rblitz7
10-14-2006, 07:13 PM
This movie is gona TANK! too mad ILM's magic had too be in this movie. Does ILM pick the movies they work on?

DorkmanScott
10-15-2006, 03:28 AM
The books were bestsellers. The films will be too.

Personally I think the books probably sold more on the fact that the author wrote the first book between the ages of 15 and 19 than on being any kind of quality.

I haven't invested the time into reading these books at this point, but everyone who has says it's clear that this kid saw Star Wars, read LOTR, and wrote his own work by mixing them together, in some places quite obviously.

The books are a trilogy, the movies will be also. For better or worse.

Daniel-B
10-15-2006, 05:25 PM
Well, the CG should be nice a polished, because it looks like ILM's only project until the end of the year. Should have plenty of time to make that CG look awesome.

That will be worth seeing the movie if nothing else.

RocketBoy
10-16-2006, 04:07 AM
I read this book in the form of a preview copy the publisher gave to book retailers before it was published, so I knew literally nothing about it going in other than that is was Young Adult fantasy (which I am really quite fond of). My opinion after reading the book was that it was the most derivitive and bland thing I had read in long time. A little while later, one of the childrens book sellers at my place of employment who had not yet read it informed me, with some sense of awe in her voice, that the author was actually 15 years old when he started writing it. And I believe my response to that was, "Oh, that makes sense; because it read like it was written by a 15 year old."

Sadly to say, from viewing the trailer, it looks like they have taken an extremely bland and derivitive book and turned it into an even more bland and derivitive movie.

Apoclypse
10-16-2006, 06:11 AM
I read this book in the form of a preview copy the publisher gave to book retailers before it was published, so I knew literally nothing about it going in other than that is was Young Adult fantasy (which I am really quite fond of). My opinion after reading the book was that it was the most derivitive and bland thing I had read in long time. A little while later, one of the childrens book sellers at my place of employment who had not yet read it informed me, with some sense of awe in her voice, that the author was actually 15 years old when he started writing it. And I believe my response to that was, "Oh, that makes sense; because it read like it was written by a 15 year old."

Sadly to say, from viewing the trailer, it looks like they have taken an extremely bland and derivitive book and turned it into an even more bland and derivitive movie.

Bland and derivative, thats exactly what i thought of the books. It was awful, funny thing is they had this kid writing editorials reviewing something on I think it was entertainment weekly. The real big hype seems to be that he was 15 when he wrote it, I personally had more original stuff in 4th grade.

anakinbrego
10-25-2006, 09:11 AM
Trailer 2 is up now!
http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/eragon/traileri/

CGTalk Moderation
10-25-2006, 09:11 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.