PDA

View Full Version : Video Game Sales Soar in September

cyartist
10-13-2006, 03:25 PM
NEW YORK (AP) - September's video game sales jumped by a whopping 38 percent compared with the year-ago period, according to data from the NPD Group, a market research company.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20061013/D8KNMUS81.html

Neil
10-13-2006, 04:26 PM
september never struck me as a month worth bragging about. It's not the summer and it's not the holidays... it's just ... september.

RuinedMessiah
10-13-2006, 04:58 PM
I'm sure the killer titles dropped in September did their fair share to help. Not to mention the two new DS colors (I'm an owner of the sharp looking Onyx variety). But yeah, that was rather weird happenings for a September.

havokzprodigy
10-13-2006, 05:49 PM
I bought a 360 and four games at the end of September.

Array
10-13-2006, 06:01 PM
Probably has everything to do with the severe drought of good titles that we had this spring and summer. I hate how it has become a habit for publishers to hold off releasing everything until the fall. Then I feel like I cant catch up on any of the games that I want to play.

Shaderhacker
10-13-2006, 06:17 PM
Probably has everything to do with the severe drought of good titles that we had this spring and summer. I hate how it has become a habit for publishers to hold off releasing everything until the fall. Then I feel like I cant catch up on any of the games that I want to play.

I agree. I think it's ridiculous and a greedy way of trying to get more money. Several titles that were shown at the E3 were, in fact, final candidates, but yet the companies have decided to hold off on releasing them.

-M

CGTalk Moderation
10-13-2006, 06:17 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.