PDA

View Full Version : Showreel.

myHighness
10-13-2006, 09:39 AM
Showreel of my second year and the first half of my third year. Has some illustration and 2d/3d animation in it. I am most proud of the 3d parts, since that is what has my preference.

http://www.myhighness.com/movies/show0406.html

It's flash, I hope everyone can view it smoothly?

som3d59
10-14-2006, 07:49 AM
Especially the one with the flat building and the 3d flies. I think you have good eye for the film mood. Hope to see your work again.

pommegenozide
10-14-2006, 09:46 AM
Quite interesting, eventhough this is a showreel , but I like the way you present your reel, no dull cuts/ cross-fading and even your model rotations were presented in a very interesting way, I like the 3D building also :thumbsup:

One comment, the VFX shot that you zoom into the guy's mouth, the 3D elements inside the mouth still look CG, I'm not a VFX guy but as an audience... that was a little bit off to me.

Good editing style!
Keep on good job and kep posting:)

FunkyCowie
10-14-2006, 07:32 PM
Really like your work, nice :)

myHighness
10-15-2006, 03:24 PM
Thanks for your comments!!

The 3d buildings are the first thing I made in 3d. It was for an illustration minor I had at school.

The flies are for an SFX-short we had to make at school. We shoot a classmate in front of a bluescreen and added all the other stuff, like the room and flies. Never finished that one, the montage won't work, did it over and over again, and now we are all sick of it haha. Maybe it will be finished sometime.

CGTalk Moderation
10-15-2006, 03:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.