PDA

View Full Version : 'Space Jocky' from ALIEN

CENOBITE
02-04-2003, 04:58 AM
This is a sketch of a future 3D model I will be making. I thought all you H.R. Giger / ALIEN fans would like to check this out. I hope to do 3 different versions of this Biomechanoid to show the species variety of biological enhancements.

CENOBITE
02-04-2003, 05:03 AM
OUCH that looks bad... If you want to see a better quality version:

http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=322403&Start=1&Artist=aopaul&ByArtist=Yes

:buttrock:

SheepFactory
02-04-2003, 05:05 AM
The figure is pretty nice , but the background is too simple for the highly detailed figure imho.

looking forward for the update.

Ali

PS: did you get my PM about the color of your posts?

CENOBITE
02-04-2003, 07:27 AM
YES I GOT YOUR PM

I will keep it plain-ol' generic. Thanks for the comment, it's just a sketch, but hey... you're right. I'll work on the background to spruce it up.

spr0g
02-04-2003, 11:47 AM
nice picture, agreed about the BG tho... needs summit more in it....

and WHATS WRONG WITH POST COLOURS??!?!?!?
lol

Alevice
02-05-2003, 02:32 AM
I like it, but as a Giger fan, you should do this in purple/blue tones *grins*

SheepFactory
02-05-2003, 03:10 AM
after looking at it once more I found what irked me about the Background.

the mountains or whatever they are are black. As a perspective rule only the objects closest to the viewer can be black , if you lighten those i think the image will improve tenfold.

:thumbsup:

TheMAILMAN
02-05-2003, 03:24 AM
You also seem to be a Dali fan from your other wooks at renderosity. I like the Purple Girl a lot, great composition. But about your giger work, I think it is lacking in the shlong and orifice department.

CENOBITE
02-06-2003, 06:55 AM
Believeit or not, I actually have a sketch of another Biomech with a large schlong hooked up to an orifice coming soon... :wip:

CENOBITE
02-06-2003, 07:03 AM
Oh yah...

in regards to my work over at Renerosity. It isn't Salvidor Dali who inspires me, but my uncle. Some of the readers in this forum might recognise his name: Richard M. Powers.

He was an incredible sci-fi painter throughout the 50's-80's. They recently published a book on his work, unfortunately it was after his death. Growing up with his work had quite a profound impression on my artwork... as-in burned upon my retina and brain. However I try not to out-right copy his work alltogether but use it as a basis of inspiration much like how Moebius, Giger, or Brom inspires me. :love:

WhiteRabbitObj
02-06-2003, 08:40 AM
Hey Cenobite, think you could keep me updated on your progress with your Giger inspired work? I am currently researching story ideas and putting together concept drawings for a cyber-punk/Giger-inspired short film for my next quarter project. I actually intend on working together a universe in which to set all my projects and this next short one will be an introduction, but it will be excellent to see others' work along the same lines. I'll add you to my buddies list, I'd be much obliged if you kept me updated. :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

CENOBITE
02-11-2003, 09:29 AM
Guess I better get to work updating him (?) with his buddies...:bounce:

TES
02-11-2003, 09:00 PM
hey man...i have 4 books about giger and his works in front of me in this moment and Space jockey looks a bit different......if you found on i-net some concepts of jockey,please post(links) it in here....i wanna to see them....thx..... sorry for english

CENOBITE
02-12-2003, 08:11 AM
I-net? Dont think I heard of it. Do you have a link? I am not trying to emulate his (Giger) style. Rather, it is a sketch showing the character in ONE OF MANY forms. They are an ancient species that has technology that would seem almost Godlike to us. An ability to integrate into the very technology they create... or the technology creates them.

Who knows?

...it's ALIEN!

So, if he looks different from the one in your book, then it's not the same alien but another from the same species. :deal:

(BTW, don't apologise about your english... it's much better than my Czech)

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.