PDA

View Full Version : constraints?

joosedat
10-12-2006, 11:44 PM
hello iam very new to cinema 4d, and was raised as maya boy, . . . my questions is other then catus dans plugin is there a way to control rotation, translate, or scale, with an other object ie ( in maya its a constraint, or in the connection editor, [orient, point, scale, . . . etc.]) would i use expresso?

help would help, thanks, freezing in canada!

joose

Srek
10-13-2006, 07:35 AM
Xpresso fits the bill just fine, but you can also use COFFEE expressions or with R10 constraints or driver tags.
Cheers
Björn

joosedat
10-13-2006, 05:12 PM
thanks a bunch, and if anyone knows of any good tutorial sites for cinema 4d help a bro out!

LucentDreams
10-13-2006, 07:21 PM
Hey fellow Toque head (well actually out here we're stil walking around in tshirts:scream:)

If your looking for R9 tutorials on constraints there isn't much I can think of off hand. your basic constraints (point and orient) are as simple as selecting an object P or R vector in the AM, right clicking and choosing set driver, and then going to the constrained obejct and right clicking on its P or R Vector and choosing Set Driven, Relative would be the same as maintaining offset in Maya, and Absolute whould move the object so its position or rotation was 100% identical.

In R10 Cinema finally has a true dedicated constraints system, actually a little more powerful than maya's (well more powerful without getting into scripting)

There will be a whole series of tutorials on constraints by early november, on Cineversity
http://www.cineversity.com/index.asp

joosedat
10-13-2006, 07:33 PM
Cinema 4d is amazing so easy to learn! Every day it just gets better,. . . thanks for all the help think i got things down now, . . First full robot body rig working pistons and all (Maya style) ill have a movie clip and pics soon,

Cheers joose

CGTalk Moderation
10-13-2006, 07:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.