PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Rider new trailer

RobertoOrtiz
10-12-2006, 06:29 PM
http://movies.aol.com/movie-trailer-clip/ghost-rider-nicolas-cage

DarthWayne
10-12-2006, 06:39 PM
I'm starting to look forward to the Ghostrider film now. Yeah it may not exactly be hamlet, but it looks like it'll be worth the money to go and see it.

Wayne...

mike0006
10-12-2006, 07:07 PM
I've seen the a few of the character models that were developed for Ghostrider. If the quality of the other departments is the same, this will be amazing to watch.

SheepFactory
10-12-2006, 08:42 PM
Can someone post a direct link to the mov file? AOL never works on my computer :(

JohnSpin
10-12-2006, 08:59 PM
Wow, i really hope they touch up most of those CG shots because man, it looks horrible. It doesn't look like the studio had much time to make it work. Most of it looks rushed.

harmonic01
10-12-2006, 09:00 PM
http://pdl.stream.aol.com/aol/us/moviefone/movies/2006/ghostrider_022042/ghostrider_trlr_02_4dwek_hiq_dl.mov

:twisted:

OneSharpMarble
10-12-2006, 09:51 PM
Wow this looks terrible on DareDevil proportions.

I used to think Ghost Rider was cool too, shame.

Nightez
10-12-2006, 10:03 PM
It doesnt look like a bad movie

hiphopcr
10-12-2006, 11:34 PM
I love that super super slow mo shot at the end... I'm sold (and easily entertained :))

captainchet
10-13-2006, 12:33 AM
I know it will be terrible.

but i also know i will see it. :bounce:
looks like a fun romp with fire and demon thingies

eliseu gouveia
10-13-2006, 12:45 AM
You can never go wrong with bikes and demons.

R10k
10-13-2006, 02:36 AM
As a big GR fan (collected the comic for a fair while) this looks great to me. It could have been MUCH worse... but it actually looks pretty good.

Lebowitz
10-14-2006, 06:30 AM
Are u serious... The villian alone is a terrible casting situation... Not to mention nicholas cage.. can anyway at all tell me a good film that he was in... And the CG is terriible , god awful... its a damn shame to because this had potential for a movie.. they shouldnt have gone with a standard skull and bones look but more of a new generation rotten demon man .. more like the skulls in pirates one... anyway sorry for the hostility its just a damn shame to see another daredevil quality comic movie remake... ARGH

R10k
10-14-2006, 06:42 AM
...they shouldnt have gone with a standard skull and bones look but more of a new generation rotten demon man...

Rotten demon man? What the heck is that? Listen, if you're going to bag a movie, at least try and do it without making people think, "Wow, thank goodness that guy isn't in carge of design for the movie." GR looks pretty faithful to the 90's comic, and that's a lot better than any new generation design you might have in you head. End of story.

Lebowitz
10-14-2006, 08:10 AM
Ok u make a good point but u still cant defind that poor looking cg skull design of GR.. somethings just dont trransfer well to film. At least just dont have a default looking skull head but something more apealing.. In the comic book u dont see animation so u dont see mouth movement, for example. in any shot i have ever seen with a plane skull talking it always looks weird and non convincing.. why? because there IS NO DAMN LIPS! So like i said somethings just dont transfer well to film.. So calm down and think about what i said with a grain of salt! You are definatly right about keeping faithful to the comic book and all but at least take advantage of the ability to use film... I was able to see quite a bit of the raw footage of this movie and not to mention (it got pushed back many months because of the poor screening test it was getting back from the studios) and it definatly looked pretty bad.. The cg of ghost rider looks really bad and i dont know if it is just the beginning stages but even u cant defend that!

But i must saw the slow mo end shot does get me tingling but i don tthink its enough to pull the whole film. I do hope it is a good film though.. later
lee

R10k
10-14-2006, 11:15 AM
Time will tell, I guess. The CG certainly looks more CG than real, but I don't think it looks that bad. Few people have managed to get fake fire to actually look like fire, so if they don't manage it, it'll hardly ruin the movie for me.

As for the skull talking... well, if a real skull talking would look strange, then I guess a fake CG skull looking strange talking is just fine. Changing GR from who he is into something else just so he can have lips isn't a good solution, that much I know.

danshewan
10-14-2006, 02:45 PM
Are u serious... The villian alone is a terrible casting situation... Not to mention nicholas cage.. can anyway at all tell me a good film that he was in... And the CG is terriible , god awful... its a damn shame to because this had potential for a movie.. they shouldnt have gone with a standard skull and bones look but more of a new generation rotten demon man .. more like the skulls in pirates one... anyway sorry for the hostility its just a damn shame to see another daredevil quality comic movie remake... ARGH

Man, I can imagine the difficulty you must have trying to select novels in large bookstores, what with all those covers to judge..... ;)

Nicholas Cage is an excellent choice. Not only is he a great actor (Face Off?), but he's also been a huge fan of the comics for years and therefore understands the character very well. And as for the design and CG work of the character, I think they've done an excellent job. I agree with the slightly-odd casting of Blackheart, though.

colkai
10-15-2006, 10:02 AM
they shouldnt haTe gone with a standard skull and bones look but more of a new generation rotten demon man
Ahem,
You have seen a Ghost Rider Comic haven't you?
The look of Ghost Rider is absolutely critical for me, change it to something else and it is no longer the Ghost Rider.

At least just dont have a default looking skull head but something more apealing..

Eh? appealing? A flaming skull for G.R. - trust me, there ain't nothing that will appeal to fans more.

Yeah, Nick Cage is not my idea of J.B., but you can't doubt he's a huge fan of G.R. so if nothing else, he'll likely bring some understanding to the role.

I enjoyed the trailer, the CG was no better or worse than a lot of big films these days and so long as we get the penance stare and G.R. kicking some butt, I'm in. :)

Zeicon
10-15-2006, 06:59 PM
this movie looks so cheesy it's not even funny

danshewan
10-16-2006, 12:21 PM
Ahem,
You have seen a Ghost Rider Comic haven't you?
The look of Ghost Rider is absolutely critical for me, change it to something else and it is no longer the Ghost Rider.

Agreed - he's Ghost Rider, not Leper Rider. Personally, I think the CG looks impressive, and really captures the feel of who (and what) Ghost Rider is.

Also, many people have been skeptical of Nicholas cage's ability to portray Mr. Blaze, but have been shy with offering suggestions as to who they'd choose for the role? If you're not happy with the casting, let's hear who you'd replace him with!

RobertoOrtiz
12-11-2006, 02:47 AM
New final trailer
http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/ghostrider/

-R

CGTalk Moderation
12-11-2006, 02:47 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.