PDA

View Full Version : Saving preference vars with a node?

tredeger
10-12-2006, 03:20 AM
I have a node for which I would like to store some preference information that could be used by a mel script. I would like these preferences to travel with the node. I am reluctant to store them as attrs because they will 1. never be wired to anything in the DG or used in the compute function and 2. they will be arbitrary in number and dynamically created and deleted by the scripts which use them. I considered using a scriptNode, but that doesn't seem quite right. Really, I just want to store some vars with a specific node. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

grrr, argggh,
j

Robert Bateman
10-12-2006, 03:19 PM
optionVar for user settings, scriptNode attr's if you feel very dirty, or attributes on a node. Those are your only choices.

katisss
03-01-2007, 08:25 AM
Is there a way to save and load preferences/presets from a previously created UI window?

Robken
03-01-2007, 08:50 AM
Is there a way to save and load preferences/presets from a previously created UI window?

take a look at the windowPref command, that might be what you're after.

katisss
03-01-2007, 09:08 AM
I dont want to store attributes for the window itself
but those selected by the users in the window.
A bit like attribute preset.

EDIT: I guess this is the answer
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=89&t=253357&highlight=optionVar

brubin
03-03-2007, 03:35 PM
yeah,
it's been mentioned above already,
it's called
optionVar ;

s.

CGTalk Moderation
03-03-2007, 03:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.