PDA

View Full Version : expressions in xsi

lars12
10-11-2006, 03:35 PM
hi,
i wrote an expression in maya and would like to rebuild the scene in xsi, but i'm new to xsi. i regognized, that expressions in xsi are very limited (no local var. etc.) and in scripting operators i can't define vector var..
i thought of writing a script in vbscript which syntax is similar to mel and expressions in maya, and execute it each frame (which should be possible by executing the vbscript from an expression).
do you have tips for me doing it better? or any advices?
thanks for all.

lars12
10-11-2006, 04:55 PM
hi,

i want to describe my problem more exact.
yes, i need a vector variable and i can delcare it in vbscript, but not in an expression. so i write an script and want to execute it each frame as is the "on frame change script". But here in the "on frame change script" in the playback options i have to write the whole script in the command line? How can i execute a script from the command line by only typing the data name of the script file (e.g. "hello.vbs") and where do i have to save the script?
For the test i just wrote a one line script like "LogMessage ("Hello")". It works in the script editor, but when i save it in a file named "hello.vbs" in the script directory of the actual project and then type "hello" or "hello.vbs" in the command line or the script editor, it doesn't execute. Why not? Is it possible?
Do i have to declare a function in the script file like

function hello()
LogMessage ("Hello")
end function

and then execute it? But it doesn't work as well. It's really difficult to find help on this topic.
thanks!

tredeger
10-11-2006, 07:51 PM
Scripting in XSI is a rather different beast from expressions in Maya if you ask me. Have you taken this question to the XSI forum? They might be better able to answer your question.

CGTalk Moderation
10-11-2006, 07:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.