PDA

View Full Version : Help needed, new to 3d

schakaib
10-11-2006, 07:49 AM
Hello people.

I have only recently started using 3ds Max seriously.

This morning i had my first success modeling a decent head. I created a spline cage and then put a Surface modifier to it. Then, after giving it a MeshSelect modifier, i gave it a MeshSmooth. OK, that gave me a decent enough result to get me whooping with joy!

However, there is a problem. basic polygons are very much visible in this MeshSmoothed model of mine, and so are some unneeded creases.

What's going wrong here? And how do i correct it??

I'll try putting up a picture of this model so that you guys can get a better feel of what's going on.

Take Care!!

SamSed
10-11-2006, 10:10 AM
what do you mean by:
basic polygons are very much visible in this MeshSmoothed model of mine
basicly (this is my workflow)

-Draw the basic cage spline
-Add a surface mod (steps = 3 or 4 )
-Convert the mesh to editable poly
-Clean it up (removing/adding edges(loops), moving verticies..... )
-A meshsmooth if needed or smooth modifier

Put your screen captures to help us see what you're talking about.

brro
03-01-2007, 10:52 AM
Hello people.

I have only recently started using 3ds Max seriously.

This morning i had my first success modeling a decent head. I created a spline cage and then put a Surface modifier to it. Then, after giving it a MeshSelect modifier, i gave it a MeshSmooth. OK, that gave me a decent enough result to get me whooping with joy!

However, there is a problem. basic polygons are very much visible in this MeshSmoothed model of mine, and so are some unneeded creases.

What's going wrong here? And how do i correct it??

I'll try putting up a picture of this model so that you guys can get a better feel of what's going on.

Take Care!!

you can send an attachment for me to send you my answer about itimages/icons/icon12.gif.

CGTalk Moderation
03-01-2007, 10:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.