PDA

View Full Version : Skeleton Steup

oranjuice
10-10-2006, 08:01 PM
Ok,
So I am in the process of creating a new skeleton in Maya which will eventually be brought into MB and hooked up to a control rig to work with MoCap data.
Does anyone know if I need to include the useless joints of a skeleton (for example the finger tips (called RightHandIndex4 etc. in MB), toe tips, or head tip) that dont actually control anything for the control rig to be characterized and behave properly? Or can I just leave them out?
Thanks,
John.

Anssi
10-11-2006, 07:12 AM
Hi,
no you don't have to have them in MB. You can characterize the skeleton with just required bones and (Exclusive) merge the animation back to Maya to your original model with all the bones. That said you can have other extra bones driven by the required bones such as muscle bones or bones correcting joint deformations. But in my opinion since the characterization is automated in MB its all the same to keep them with the model all the time. You can animate the fingers after you have applied the Mocap.
Anssi

softdistortion
10-13-2006, 10:19 PM
I seem to recall that if you want to use FBX and don't add the tip bones your last bone will be missing when you merge the FBX back to render. :shrug:

cornerofart
10-15-2006, 01:19 AM
Ok You can Open this web Site
www.cornerofart.com/forum (http://www.cornerofart.com/forum)
and Download Learning Vedio tutorials for free and show this tutorials and you can continue.. :)

CGTalk Moderation
10-15-2006, 01:19 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.