PDA

View Full Version : GigaPix to make pic based on 'Dr. Grave' comic book

RobertoOrtiz
10-10-2006, 06:57 PM
Quote:
"GigaPix Studios, the Chatsworth, Ca.-based animation and VFX house, plans to produce a live action/CGI feature film based on the underground comic book "Dr. Grave." Ed Vis, creator of the comic book, has written the screenplay for the project budgeted at $40 million-50 million"

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/film/brief_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003222447

-R

danshewan
10-10-2006, 07:08 PM
double post, sorry.....

danshewan
10-10-2006, 07:09 PM
It's great that Ed Vis has written the screenplay, but I think that the use of live-action elements is a mistake.

Dr. Grave is so stylized, it would be better suited as a full CG production - just think! A fully-animated CG feature where the protagonist (or antagonist, in this case) isn't a cute animal or insect! Man, I'm so excited by this prospect I think I'm going to start a petition......

Matt Leishman
10-10-2006, 07:42 PM
is there anybody around here that currently works at gigapix who might be able to share a little bit more about this? very interesting stuff needless to say!

CGTalk Moderation
10-10-2006, 07:42 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.