PDA

View Full Version : AWN: The Emperor’s Secret: Finland Breaks Into CG Animated Features

RobertoOrtiz
10-10-2006, 06:49 PM
Quote:
"The first ever CGI movie to come out of Finland made its theatrical debut on Sept. 8, 2006. The Emperor’s Secret initially opens only on Finnish screens although further distribution deals are under discussion.

The film was made on a total budget of €825,000 by Helsinki-filmi — part of the Filmiteollisuus Grooup — with additional animation from Anima Vitae. Production began in September of last year, featuring characters from the company’s popular weekly animation television series The Autocrats. “The dream of a feature animation has been lodged in our brain long before the first episode of The Autocrats ever ran on TV,” says director Riina Hyytiä. "

>>LINK<< (http://mag.awn.com/index.php3?ltype=pageone&article_no=3032)

-R

Leionaaad
10-11-2006, 10:27 AM
Money well spent, what can I say...
Now I am extremelly curious how is it.

Does anyone knows how many people worked on this and how long?

Pentagramma
10-11-2006, 05:12 PM
Wow, that´s a tight budget! Anybody has a link to a trailer, or official website?

Wizdoc
10-11-2006, 05:45 PM
It's pretty bad. Not because of the tight budget or the quality of animation (which is okay, something along the lines of Hoodwinked), but because it's extremely bland.

The Autocrats is a political satire show with sometimes a surprisingly sharp bite, but the movie discarded all that and just included the same characters, watered it down and threw in a generic, lowest-common-denominator adventure plot.

rcronin
10-12-2006, 03:30 PM
http://www.keisarinsalaisuus.fi/keisarinsalaisuus.html

MarkusM
10-18-2006, 03:56 PM
“Technically, The Emperor’s Secret comes astonishingly close to major American productions. When it comes to the content, I think we are even better. The movie has a message — which I won’t tell because that would be boring."

Erhm.

CornFielD
10-19-2006, 08:16 AM
It's really nice to see a feature film coming from Finland, but I were expecting something completely different. Something a bit more original and I was hoping to see different characters than those which are already seen in the TV show.

I guess good story could save the film, but I doubt that.

Well thumps up anyway!!

CGTalk Moderation
10-19-2006, 08:16 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.