PDA

View Full Version : new sketch

Sir_jet
02-03-2003, 07:16 PM
the main character in a series i want to start. fairly quick sketch, just wanted to get down an idea. style inspired by artist alex maleev (whose cover i saw in the store and seriously regret not picking it up)

http://images.deviantart.com/large/indyart/indymisc/intergalatic_prisoner.jpg

mattregnier
02-07-2003, 09:43 PM
I think you need to work a few things out with him, before you decide he's going to be a "main" character for anything. Do some full body sketches, a few with him in an environment, work out his over all look. Definitely keep working with him. It's a nice idea, just need to see more. :thumbsup:

CGmonkey
02-08-2003, 12:19 AM
He got alot of charatistic, he's cool! :)

But hm.. The perspective is a bit fubar. But it's a quick sketch so it won't do any harm! ;) but basicly the mouth is pointing to the right and eyes/nose points to the left.

before you do a serie/cartoon i strongly recommend you to train yourself to draw the maincharacter. Draw some model sheets, draw him in different angles etc..
Maybe you're thinking "Nah that's not fun, I want to create awesome series and stories", but you'll get a better resault if you have a clear view of the maincharacter - perhaps you already know this, just giving my two cents!

you are talented! :) good luck

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.