PDA

View Full Version : Fit Selected Object To Curve

halfworld
10-10-2006, 04:03 PM
Hi all,

I've recently been trying to get my head around motion tracking and I've run into a slight snag.

After importing motion data into Animator, the tracking is good enough, however the data is all stored in custom frames (that is to say, there are no keyframes in the project). When I select my camera and tell Animator to fit it to a curve (so I can edit it in the FCE), Animator very kindly creates me some keyframes, but now a problem arises, the camera path has changed quite dramatically, when fitting it to a curve Animator has changed the camera path to the point where it is no longer useful to me...

Does anyone know a way around this?

Cheers,
Ian

While I'm here, does anyone know how to scale up OBM data (by 200) on import? Using the command @*200 in the scale on import boxes doesn't seem to do a thing....

AVTPro
10-28-2006, 09:42 AM
I haven't worked specifically with tracking, tho I would like to. There's should be a tolerance level or setting to the "fit to curve". You should tweak to be a 1. to 1. ratio I believe.

I have to say, the tools EIAS for managing imported motion data are very good. I'm very impressed with the animation menu items and the Fcurve editor.

MagicEgger
11-02-2006, 06:38 PM
Hey,

First of all, Which 3d tracker are you using?
I presume you are using Synth Eyes (obm)
You can export from your 3d tracker in the scale wich you want.. dont need to be in EIAS.
When you import the camera data into EIAS you need to follow these steps to edit your motion:
1) change position and reference in the camera info window from implicit to explicit.
2) use the fit obj to curves comand in the range which you want to fit all your camera track, and the tolerance to 0.001 (values lower than 0.1 will force EIAS to match more and more the exact curve of the original data)
3) import all channels in (FCE), probably you will delete the Lens data because it will be a fixed lens.. otherwise if you have a zoom in the scene.. you need to work there too.
4) in FCE, change all channels which you will work to Hermite curves, it will appear only red circle dots, and its easiest to manipulate Hermite up and down with your constrained selection tool in the move type using the tab, tab trick in FCE.

If am I not wrong after you changed the curves to keyframes you can scale it on EIAS too.

Hope this help.

Tomas Egger

halfworld
11-03-2006, 10:15 AM
Hi Tomas, Alonzo,

Cheers for the info, we missed the pitch so it doesn't matter for the moment, but I'll look into it again when I have time. It was definatly the tolorence setting that threw me, It would be nice to have a more useful default or an explenation in the manual .

Next time I'll know, thanks again!!
Ian

CGTalk Moderation
11-03-2006, 10:15 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.