PDA

View Full Version : photoshop lens blur, on animation

fossadouglasi
10-10-2006, 12:58 PM
I don't know if i should have put this in the photoshop forum, but since this concerns more animation, ill post this here.

I need to make the depth blur effect to an animation.
I want to make it look GREAT, so i refuse to use the after effects' own depth blurring.
While the professional plugins are out of reach here in our school, i turned to the photoshop's lens blur, which looks great.

Ok, it's easy to use and stuff, but with an animation...:shrug:
So i have (or i'm going to have) thousands of targas of the actual footage and thousands of the z-channel, so here's the question:

How do i merge the z-images to the corresponding targa images so that i can batch them through photoshop and lens blur.

(aka how to merge images to other images' alpha channel and automate it)

greets -fossa

jussing
10-11-2006, 10:54 AM
When you talk about After Effects' own depth blurring, are you talking about 7.0 or earlier? Because After Effects 7.0 has a new lens blur (that works with a z-depth), might be the same as in Photoshop?

- Jonas

fossadouglasi
10-11-2006, 11:49 AM
I unfortunately only have After Effects 6.5, and it's depth blur is just a blur, and not a photorealistic blur which makes pixels into circles/n sided shapes when blurred.
And i need that, and photoshop lens blur does that.

fossadouglasi
10-11-2006, 01:00 PM
Alternatively, is there any way to render such files from max that would have the z-depth in it itself, and also could be opened in photoshop.

CGTalk Moderation
10-11-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.