PDA

View Full Version : New Gnomon DVD: Intro to Corel Painter

ChewyPixels
10-10-2006, 12:25 PM
Check it out here:

Introduction to Corel Painter: Concept Art Workflow With Ryan Church (http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/dvds/rch06.html)

Bpanting
10-10-2006, 02:35 PM
Sweet, I just got Painter last month. Going to be ordering this in the next few weeks :buttrock:

soulburn3d
10-10-2006, 05:58 PM
Interesting. I wonder which version of Painter Ryan will be using? I know he prefered using an older version of painter for his work, at least he did a few years ago.

- Neil

embodiedform
10-10-2006, 06:52 PM
Interesting. I wonder which version of Painter Ryan will be using? I know he prefered using an older version of painter for his work, at least he did a few years ago.

Yeah he used 6 or 7 I believe for his other DVDs- checking out the image captures from this new one though he is now using IX.

Intervain
10-10-2006, 08:40 PM
nice - maybe I'll finally get the hang of that darn program... never had the patience to go through all the tools so far:)

soulburn3d
10-10-2006, 09:08 PM
Yeah he used 6 or 7 I believe for his other DVDs- checking out the image captures from this new one though he is now using IX.

Ah cool, figured it would be a hard sell for Ryan to persuade Gnomon to have him to an intro to painter 6 DVD. :)

- Neil

tracee3d
10-10-2006, 10:54 PM
Ryan has been using Painter 9 since beta in 2004, and now 9.5, the latest version. He regularly talks to people at Corel with suggestions and feedbacks, and they have been very responsive.

He skipped version 7 & 8 mainly because it was difficult to switch versions in the middle of production.

Wizdoc
10-11-2006, 07:20 PM
I love Mr. Church's loose, vivid style.

I'm glad that he's done a new DVD as the biggest problem with the old ones were that although he covered much of the basics or the art, he skipped a lot of the technical stuff of the program. Combined with the hard-to-see low resolution of the standard DVD format, the DVDs left a lot of people confused on how he did some of the things he did.

This new one seems to answer all the questions and then some. Also probably injects new life to the old DVDs.

CGTalk Moderation
10-11-2006, 07:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.