PDA

View Full Version : "NOW LOADING" - VFS Animation Reel by Sitthichok Khunthaveelab

pommegenozide
10-10-2006, 10:05 AM
Hi, My name's Sitthichok Khunthaveelab (Pomme) ,

I'm from class 3D59@VFS, after struggling with myself for almost one year at the Vancouver Film School, I'll be handing in my final project for animation stream in a few days,

I still have to do some post-productions... but the animation in this reel is considered (by me) as finished, although it may contain less animation than you expect (I was not good at animation back then and used up lots of time just to understand things), but hope you find something you like from this piece..

Any C&C is more than welcome :love: for future references,
And Thank you for reading (and watching)
Cheers.

-------------------------------------------------------
http://student.vfs.com/%7E3d59sitthichok/Promo_pic.jpg

RIGHT CLICK (SAVE AS) HERE TO DOWNLOAD MOVIE (H264, 8Mb) (http://www.genozyte.com/public_html/3d59sitthichok_NLweb_low.mov)
MIRROR LINK
(http://student.vfs.com/%7E3d59sitthichok/3d59sitthichok_NLweb_low.mov)

revolutionzen
10-10-2006, 10:15 AM
i wouldnt call it an animation reel ..and by the way its very short ..STILL.i liked it ..and i realy wanted to see more ..
i liked the Rabit(the girl with Bunny ears)...and with the music it was liek watching an 3d anime...lol....
great work man

pommegenozide
10-10-2006, 10:46 AM
Thanks, revolutionzen.

I understand what you said, this piece is quite short and even me, myself want to see more of it too :) , as I used much time to learn and understand animation, I don't have enough time to make everything I really wanted to... may be I'll try adding some more to this piece after school.

Glad you like the bunny-girl, as I am more of a character design guy than animator, this comment means a lot to me :thumbsup: And the fact that I grew up with Japanese Animes for more than 20 years, I'm more to this kind of animation than over-exaggerated animation style.

thanks again for making me wanted to improve this piece!

tokaru
10-10-2006, 02:23 PM
why is so short dude? i like the characters but i was especting something more espectacular like a fighting or something similar.

sundon
10-10-2006, 03:48 PM
Finally, I get to see the whole thing with music.
I'm surprised that you pulled it off in short amount of time. Great job.
I love that game / anime style, since I am big fan of those too.
I agree with people about it being short, cause I wanted to see some more ass-kicking action =(.
Well, good luck, and see ya :scream:

katana2665
10-10-2006, 08:58 PM
The character design theory here is an awesome idea. nice job.

pommegenozide
10-10-2006, 09:44 PM
Thanks you guys a lot for the comments :thumbsup:

tokaru: Haha, I know... as I said I spent too much time on learning (as well as fixing the problems of the modeling/rigging/texturing) ... at first, people in my class is kinda worry whether could finish my reel or not, but in the end I managed to finish it in a "not-so-ugly" way, and I totally agree that there's not enough animation/action going on here... Will make an expansion reel for this for sure. Thanks!

sundon: Thanks man! I'm quite surprised with myself too :buttrock:, but there'are more praticing waiting for me after school!

katana2665: Thank you, Glad you like it! I'll be posting some of the concepts/designs for this project soon. You'll see some improvement in my design (as well as failures too) .

------------------------
Thanks

pommegenozide
10-11-2006, 01:02 AM
These are the poster and the DVD box-art for "NOW LOADING",

Since I concerned about overall presentation, I spent time and effort designing/making these.
Any C&C for these materials is welcome as always :)

http://student.vfs.com/%7E3d59sitthichok/Left_panel.jpg (http://genozyte.com/public_html/Promo_poster.jpg)http://student.vfs.com/%7E3d59sitthichok/Right_panel.jpg (http://genozyte.com/public_html/Promo_boxart.jpg)

PHO 75
10-11-2006, 01:09 AM
Awesome work my thai brotha, the rendering is really clean and the reel is nicely put together. i thought i saw you working on some other stuff, i may be mistaking but i thought you were doing some cycles with these characters. either way, no more stress my friend, school's out. send out a hundred copies and just sit back and wait. best of luck

Pitipongp
10-11-2006, 03:59 AM
Hi! k'Pom.
I've seen it just now...that's really great work! :buttrock: (althought its a bit shortly). I like your character alot (especially bunny girl) music and composition are great!,however,what happend next? I would like to know so much :) anyway, this is great.Hope you will get a job soon...
congratulation & Good luck krab! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

cheers!,
Taey

totochi1231
10-11-2006, 08:57 AM
good job man. but too short ha ha ha
good luck for job hunting
Cheers

som3d59
10-12-2006, 01:25 AM
Eventhough this piece's not show much for animation, your skill of presentation is impressed me a lot. Just do what you have fun with... I know you can do great stuff when you love to do it!

the bunny girl is so cute and sexy by the way, you done a good job to take reference from me!

Keep going.

pommegenozide
10-13-2006, 10:03 PM
PHO 75: Yo, My Thai Bro... You were right, I spent time trying to do a walk cycle and other stuffs, thinking it might be good to have everythig in the demo reel. Then one day I realized that I shouldn't break my own piece just to put every animation into it... so I decided to focus on composition and presentation than the animation itself... It doesn't matter if I don't have enough animation in this piece, I still can animate new pieces with all required animation and try to get job, but I couldn't stand seeing myself losing direction... may be this is my weak point, may be I'm not animator, but I wouldn't be happy either if all I an do is to animate without understanding character design, composition and presentation, Thanks for your comment and congratulations getting a job in Dallas :thumbsup:

PitipongP:Thanks, and as I said, I'd like to know too :) but this is all I can pull out during the ending terms at school... I spent almost a week just to design/paint the patterns of the BGs and animated them as well as all those effects. Anyway I was having fun doing other things and tried to put together a nice looking piece.

totochi1231: Thanks, I'll try (looking for job).

som3d59: Thanks, you're the one of a few people who really understand my standing point, but I admit that the animation in this piece is less than I expected due to time constraint. About the Bunny-girl, did I take reference from you? :shrug:Hahaha , Thanks for supporting me for this whole year.

freakmoomin
10-13-2006, 10:52 PM
I know its just personal preference but i thought the music was terrible............

anyway, nice presentation and some nice aspects. im sure you will do lots more to add to ure reel when u get the chance, and as you said a lot of ure time was spent learning.

good job

rexfang
10-14-2006, 05:53 AM
well done...I really like the way of your presentation, Also I like your characters and texture. However, I think it's more like modeling reel...I guess you can work on more animation with your characters and add it into your reel. Keep on....

pommegenozide
10-14-2006, 06:27 AM
freakmoomin: Haha... I knew it! Someone might come up with the music issue :) Anyway Thanks for your coment, I'll put more work on this piece ASAP! (And may be... change the music?)

rexfang: Thanks for your kind comment... I didn't expect somebody might look at this piece as a modeling reel, I'd say this is more like a generalist reel... anyway, Glad that you like it!

Thanks a lot for all of your comments!

alanf
10-15-2006, 11:13 PM
hey pomme, what you have is definately short, but I liked it nonetheless. hopefully we'll see a sequel to it sometime in future? ;)

kudos on the post-processing though.

Wongedan
10-16-2006, 08:24 AM
hi Pom,
finally you finish ur animation reel (or its still loading? ^^)
the look is amazing, u r good graphic designner damn, I wish I had that skill :p

as other said, Im expecting to see more ... u dont have to Change any of them, try to EXTEND it!!

wish u luck
maybe we can work together someday

mistasam02
10-16-2006, 03:18 PM
that was cool! i liked the concept and overall style to everything, but yea WAYY too short. :D they didnt really do anything! it just seemed more like a trailer to me than an actual piece. are you planning to make more? i'd love to see a full fight sequence!

pommegenozide
10-19-2006, 12:52 AM
alanf: Thanks, I know this is short, just wanted to recharge myself for a while... and probably extend this piece, or may be , a sequel?, mmm

xvampire: Thanks, and glad you like my presentation, and to answer your question, it's still loading, haha ... as I said I'm recharging from my continuous struggling for the last 6 months, and now I'm kind of going back to drawing and designing for a while.

mistasam02: Thanks for your kind words about my design and presentation. Probably will do more... in the future :)

-----------------------

PS. I redesign the bunny girl and now it's still a rough concept, you may view it by clicking HERE (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=418767) or the link below, any C&C is more than appreciated :love:

yuta_vfx
10-20-2006, 04:12 PM
hey man, nice work.

I like your render and edit. Makes your reel more cohesive pice. And I though anmination itself is good too. wow man, can't wait to see your next step.
yeah, it is short but who cares, keep it up man !!

Yuko
10-20-2006, 05:27 PM
I like the style very much! Good idea of editing. It might be a bit too short to call a short movie, but I know you will show us giant bombs later, right??:D

Good luck!

dutchtilt
10-20-2006, 05:40 PM
This is a nice presentation:::you are definately going for games yea? I think you did a good job of creating a whole style and branding for a small amount of animation. It gives it a feeling of a complete trailer even though it sounds like everyone wants to see more----

Keep Doing!

Bahaya
10-21-2006, 06:45 PM
Sa was dee krub!
Cool characters, especially the bunny fighter. This looks like a trailer for a fighting arcade video game. It makes me want to see more!
Congrats!

TehYeh
10-23-2006, 06:19 AM
i was really worried about you, but you made it afterall

looks like you should go with motion graphics work, you have talent there, really slick presentation, master comping and you will fly

LloydColaco
10-25-2006, 02:32 AM
Love the character designs!!! You also did a good job in showing some cool gaming effects.
good job

sachin3d
10-25-2006, 11:25 AM
the only thing i would like to say is everything looks great (specially the bunny girl). the only thing missing in it is some animation. it finishes before it starts. i know you had less time for this but i really would like to see more of it. keep it up man.

Constructive
10-25-2006, 04:26 PM
I think you should incude any lip sync-ing you have done since the rest of the animation might not show studios your full potential.

crazyCG12
10-26-2006, 03:55 AM
Good designs

BGLooney
10-26-2006, 08:01 AM
I know your dissapointed in the length man, but I believe you made the right decision. Quality before quantity. First show you the fullest of your abilities, then as you get faster you can animate more. REALLY cool character work and great graphic display. Dont underrate the importance of either. Cool characters make animation WAY more appealing and good graphic design is vital to the overall aesthetic.

Really cool stuff man. Now that you've nailed the anticipation I cant wait to see you work on a full on fight.

You should have shown the fight from your animatic man, that was killer!
hehe..keep posting brother!

CGTalk Moderation
10-26-2006, 08:01 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.