PDA

View Full Version : Willys M38A1 Army Jeep

frostee
10-09-2006, 09:28 PM
http://www.villajanet.com/frostee/willys_m38a1_jeep/

Hello,
I've been viewing the games forum here for a little while but I think this is my first post with some of my work in it, it's a 1954 Willys army jeep and as you can see there is still quite a bit of work to be done before I reach my goal of 15,000 triangles, UV mapped, color/normal/specular and reflective maps. This will be the first project that I actually texture so I dont know what to expect really (fingers crossed) I will try to post regular updates, as always any crits are more than welcome.

Iridium
10-10-2006, 05:02 PM
Hey Frostee,

That's a good looking jeep. We typically texture our low res. models over here, create our high res, then normal map. It's one of those preference things though. Depending on your workflow i'm sure you have it down.

I would like to point out that the topology of your model may make it difficult in some areas when you start to uvw map. You might experience some stretching in areas, mostly on the left and right sides of the chassis.

There also looks to be a small gap where the hood meets the rest of the vehicle in the front. I can't make it out in the reference image, but I don't think it should be there.

Lastly the reference image shows the wheel covers to be smoothed on the edges.

Just some really small crits :)

Anyhoo I really like where the model is headed, and look forward to your texturing. Keep the updates coming!

CGTalk Moderation
10-10-2006, 05:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.