PDA

View Full Version : slower rigs with 2 characters ?

klingos
10-09-2006, 10:43 AM
I have now 2 characters in my scene and its lagging when i select or key the characters. It works just all fine with one of the characters. And its plaing back al right. It only when im selectecting and keying it slows down. Have anyobdy had this problem and solved it ?

I have only 1025 megs of ram, could that be it.
And I have a geforce something 128 megs. Unfortunately Icant do much about the graphiv card now.

Any tips, anyone ?

/klingos

SeanGomes
10-10-2006, 04:11 PM
Double Post

SeanGomes
10-10-2006, 04:48 PM
I have now 2 characters in my scene and its lagging when i select or key the characters. It works just all fine with one of the characters. And its plaing back al right. It only when im selectecting and keying it slows down. Have anyobdy had this problem and solved it ?

I have only 1025 megs of ram, could that be it.
And I have a geforce something 128 megs. Unfortunately Icant do much about the graphiv card now.

Any tips, anyone ?

/klingos

After a bit of testing, using almost a dozen characters at once, I’ve found that there is no significant drop in the time of selection or keying compared to the overall performance/speed of the program (with more characters, the Evaluation rate and Frame rate drop, naturally)

It would seem that the speed of the computer, and possibly the graphics card, would be at fault. I also have 1gig of ram, so RAM is certainly not the cause.

Another cause may be the control rigs in question. If the two characters have exceedingly complex, multi-extension, relation-driven rigs that are parented/constrained to each other, this may force much longer Evaluation times, especially with rig visual feedback.

I suggest trying to hide one of the two rigs, to see if it's the visual aspect that's causing the problem. Also, if you have the chance, try with two completely different characters and see if you encounter the same bug.

Thanks for the heads-up about this, I'll be keeping a close eye on this. If you have any other information that might help us pin-point the problem, please post it here.

CGTalk Moderation
10-10-2006, 04:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.