PDA

View Full Version : camera work done in MB7 how do i get it in Maya 7

skater363636
10-08-2006, 11:37 PM
I did all my camera work in MB 7 using something like 9 camera's. What i did was basically what you would do in maya. I took one camera and named it camera edit and did a parent constraint to the rest of the camera and then keyed the weight. I've been trying to get it so it'll export out to maya. The problem I'm having is that the camera's export but the constraint doesn't and the camera interest don't. Am I missing something when I'm trying to export or do I just have to redo all the camera work? Plz someone tell me something....anything.

LoneCanuck
10-09-2006, 09:51 AM
...silly idea but have you tried exporting a single camera from Maya and then using that in MB to animate cameras with?

After you're done, you should be able to re-import the animation into the scene and it should behave predictably.

-LoCK

skater363636
10-09-2006, 05:48 PM
hmm haven't tried that but I suppose I could try it. Since I'm using a parent constraint will it still work though?

donShole
10-09-2006, 10:24 PM
I did all my camera work in MB 7 using something like 9 camera's. What i did was basically what you would do in maya. I took one camera and named it camera edit and did a parent constraint to the rest of the camera and then keyed the weight. I've been trying to get it so it'll export out to maya. The problem I'm having is that the camera's export but the constraint doesn't and the camera interest don't. Am I missing something when I'm trying to export or do I just have to redo all the camera work? Plz someone tell me something....anything.

Plot your cameras and their interests before import into maya.

LoneCanuck
10-10-2006, 11:21 AM
hmm haven't tried that but I suppose I could try it. Since I'm using a parent constraint will it still work though?

Don't see why not. Parent/Child the Maya camera to your MB camera and do the same for the Camera Interests.

You should also make sure your camera settings (aperature, Fov, etc...) are the same between the two, otherwise, your framing will be different between your Maya cam and the MB one - frustrating when trying to get good composition, only to lose it on export!

Cheers,

LoCK

skater363636
10-18-2006, 03:22 PM
I've been working on getting the camera work to go into maya properly. I've only gotten a little farther with it though. The contraint and the camera interests seem to go over now but the constraint does not seem to be moving over properly. The wieghts don't seem to be right because the camera that has all the constraints on it from the other cameras is now just kinda doing it's own thing. Anyone have any idea's on how to fix this or as to why it's doing this?

CGTalk Moderation
10-18-2006, 03:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.