PDA

View Full Version : Music Video - dBLOUD/Déjà Vu

PieterVH
10-08-2006, 04:37 PM
Hi all!

After being selected for Animago, Imaginaria and Con Can Off, I've made the DVD of dBLOUD's Déjà Vu available for download on my website. This as a courtesy to anyone who would like to watch this at the highest possible quality (or simply on a TV set without too much hassle).

Hope you enjoy it!

More info and link:

-> CLICK <- (http://www.secondman.com/news_20061008.htm)

AstroSanchezz
10-09-2006, 01:29 AM
awesome! :buttrock:
love this style of music video

PieterVH
10-11-2006, 10:22 AM
awesome! :buttrock:
love this style of music video

Thanks!

As it is a big download, and the server slows down when more people are downloading, I've made a lower quality Quicktime for a quicker preview. 640x480, about 34 megs.

Direct link:

-> CLICK <- (http://www.uptotenheavier.com/dejavu/dBLOUD_DejaVu_640.mov)

Also, someone suggested I setup a torrent for this. Good idea, but does anyone know how to set up a torrent for a file which is stored on a website?

Cheers.

shy-guy
10-11-2006, 11:48 PM
Woa... man that was nice! :thumbsup: The effort that must have been doing this is obvious while seeing the result; i liked the editing a lot, the filters, the camera tracking and the effects; mmm... im not sure about the black and white parts, but that´s just me.

It reminded me a little bit of the "Fortune Faded" video of Red Hot Chilli Peppers; Also, i was planning to make a vid and i had a few ideas very similar to what i saw there... damm you! :D

Congrats mate.

PieterVH
10-12-2006, 10:38 PM
Woa... man that was nice! :thumbsup: The effort that must have been doing this is obvious while seeing the result; i liked the editing a lot, the filters, the camera tracking and the effects; mmm... im not sure about the black and white parts, but that´s just me.

It reminded me a little bit of the "Fortune Faded" video of Red Hot Chilli Peppers; Also, i was planning to make a vid and i had a few ideas very similar to what i saw there... damm you! :D

Congrats mate.

Thanks! I appreciate that!

Don't let some similar ideas stop you. If you start researching, you'll see that everything has in some way been done before. Hell, you can trace back the Matrix to Plato if you think of it :). Just get on with it and make sure to give it your own personal touch!

Cheers!

yenvalmar
10-13-2006, 03:58 AM
great job on the effects, i have some crits of the directing but i am really into the crude yet slick style of the VFX. seems to be catching on with music videos and i'm all for it. the problem i have, which is the case with MOST videos these days, is that it didnt really go anyplace, or have a narrative. just the same stuff, after you see it all the 3rd time the novelty is already wearing off for me..

but not to detract from the vfx work, just my 2 cents. if you dont mind telling, what was the team on this? i.e. how many crew and what they did..

PieterVH
10-13-2006, 09:07 AM
great job on the effects, i have some crits of the directing but i am really into the crude yet slick style of the VFX. seems to be catching on with music videos and i'm all for it. the problem i have, which is the case with MOST videos these days, is that it didnt really go anyplace, or have a narrative. just the same stuff, after you see it all the 3rd time the novelty is already wearing off for me..

but not to detract from the vfx work, just my 2 cents. if you dont mind telling, what was the team on this? i.e. how many crew and what they did..

Don't mind at all. Apart from me, Patrick Vandebroeck did the camerawork and Wouter Sel designed the 2D animation. Everything else was done by myself from start to finish. And four sets of parents to help manage the shoot. :D

The narrative was the most difficult part of this video, granted. The main reason was that those children are between two and four years old and you can't really ask them to act. They won't. So what I did was shoot the video with a crude idea of what I wanted to say and try and distill that from literally hours of material. Although the narrative is quite abstract, I am prsonally quite pleased with how it turned out. But I hear you ;)

The one thing I think I should have fought for more, I believe, is to shorten the video. If there's one crit I have myself (among others ;)) is that the video is too long. Usually they are about three and a half minutes, this one is a little short of five. That proved extremely difficult while editing and I should have pressed for a shorter edit at that moment.

Overall it was a great process though, I love it. Plans for a new one are slowly being drafted at this very moment.

Thanks for the crits!

Cheers.

CGTalk Moderation
10-13-2006, 09:07 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.